I Passed!

phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
I just passed the first A+ exam with 852. I don't know if it's good, but I needed 675 I think. I'm so glad, and now i'm studying for the 2nd exam.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done Mate, congrats, which one was it Essentials or hardware? i did both mine at once, Essentials was called A+ OS then and the Hardware was A+ core or something, can't really recal now since it was like 5 years ago.

If you don't mind me asking, what CIW cert do you have?
    The Wings of Technology
  • Bob123akaBob123aka Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice score. I been studying the myers book but atm kinda thinking its useless. He goes so much into detail about everything its just like a big absorption , and take the little 10 question quiz @ the end and cant remember most of the stuff.
  • phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    quinnyfly wrote: »
    Well done Mate, congrats, which one was it Essentials or hardware? i did both mine at once, Essentials was called A+ OS then and the Hardware was A+ core or something, can't really recal now since it was like 5 years ago.

If you don't mind me asking, what CIW cert do you have?

It was Essentials, I still have to pass the practical application.

I did Web foundation associate, which includes I'm just wondering how long does A+ last. I hope it's more than 2 years...
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's 3 yrs. Last time I checked their A+, N+ and Sec+ and also their newer CASP are all 3 yrs, apparently if you do another cert that falls under a certain category, it recertifies you without having to resit the exam. Here is a link to the A+ approved CE certs that revalidate your cert after 3 years: http://certification.comptia.org/Libraries/Certification_Documents/a_plus_approved_certs.sflb.ashx
    The Wings of Technology
  • MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    phaneuf1 wrote: »
    I just passed the first A+ exam with 852. I don't know if it's good, but I needed 675 I think. I'm so glad, and now i'm studying for the 2nd exam.

Congratulations of the pass. Good job. :) Do you have your 2nd exam scheduled, yet?
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. That's a great score.

Good luck on the next exam.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339

Great job, and about the score honestly to me a pass is a pass no matter if its just by 1 point.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
    Mrkali wrote: »
    Congratulations of the pass. Good job. :) Do you have your 2nd exam scheduled, yet?

Not yet, I'm waiting for my WGU mentor to approve the request for scheduling. I'm suppose to speak with her tonight...
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What is your next step; let us know?
    Congrats on the pass! What is your next step; let us know?

Next step is MCITP and ccna
  • DATVDATV Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Next step is MCITP and ccna
    Awesome! I'm happy for you ! I took a course 3 years ago. It lasted 6 months. After that , You're ready to take and pass CompTIA A+, but I never take it. One problem for me was , I didn't know English (My nature language is Spanish) , but now I can understand English.

I'll take it someday! and I'll pass it !

It is my view of point about certification :
    - A+, Network+, Security+
    - CCNA, CCNP,CCIE
    - MCA, MCTS ,etc....
    - CISSP and CEH

I'll like to have all them. CCIE and CISSP are very hard to pass.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a solid score, nicely done!