Options

ICND1 I dont know if Iam ready for the test. S.O.S

luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
Hi guys , Iam new here . I been studying on and off for like 6 months now , but with the different that Iam taking the test this friday , I just have few questions that I would like to get answers .
1- iam geting between 900 and 1000 on the boson exam ( I have the icnd1 kit that i did buy direct with boson) but on the Pearson IT practices exam my score is very low because alot of time I find them very very difficult. Should I considere more the score from boson and ignore the one from Pearson( by the way, this practices test from pearson comes along with Wendell Odom book for ICND1).
2- Iam really good on subnetting , routing protocols , swtiching troubleshooting, NAt so so , commands knows them all by heart. am I ready? I will really appreciated your opinion.
GOD Bless you all.

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To find the answer you've gotta do some soul searching:
    Do you feel ready?

Go here: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4986
    Go through the exam topics. If you can honestly say "I can do this". You're ready.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I always shoot for 90% minimums on all practice exams before I go for the actual exam. I tend to use the exams that come with the book, Boson Ex-Sim Max and Transcender.

That being said, I think the Boson practice exams are the most similar to the actual exam.
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    I always shoot for 90% minimums on all practice exams before I go for the actual exam. I tend to use the exams that come with the book, Boson Ex-Sim Max and Transcender.

That being said, I think the Boson practice exams are the most similar to the actual exam.

Couldn't agree more. When I went to test for ICND1 I made certain that I had over 85% on both Boson and Transcender tests.

I felt that Boson more accurately represented the Cisco exam but was a tad bit more difficult. I liked the fact that they included simulator questions as well as it helped prepare me for the ICND1.

FWIW, I was able to use the "?" on the Cisco exam as well as "show run".
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    IMO--If you're scoring 90% on the Boson exam, you're ready.
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Couldn't agree more. When I went to test for ICND1 I made certain that I had over 85% on both Boson and Transcender tests.

I felt that Boson more accurately represented the Cisco exam but was a tad bit more difficult. I liked the fact that they included simulator questions as well as it helped prepare me for the ICND1.

FWIW, I was able to use the "?" on the Cisco exam as well as "show run".

Is their a place were I can obtain these boson tests? Currently reading the odom book (doing well on each of his do you know quizzes. I messed up bad on one chapter but re reading it and not making the silly mistakes like I did last time (mainly not reading the question fully). Also Transcender tests, I guess you have to pay for these too?
  • Options
    Yep. Buy them :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Ok , but Trancender test, is the same one as the Pearson IT practices test?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used the Transcender practice exam for the CCNP::Switch. I feel it was weak as a readiness assessment. It scored me 90%+ when I had only studied 2/3rds of the topics, and I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have passed the real exam at that point.

The Transcender exams are sometimes sold bundled with Pearson exam vouchers.
  • Options
    I've used Boson. It's worth the cash. It's a pool of 3 exams, hard exams. Graded in a way like Ciscos so you can see your weaknesses and pin point on a really horrible score. You can hone on to the questions just in one of those four areas, or mix it up, study... It's got a lot of options to help. It's not a brain ****, so memorizing the answers won't help you at all. Even on the good answered questions- take the time to go through "Why" is the answer instead of instantly going to the answer.

It'll give you a lot of tools to study. You just need to do it.

Atleast it helped me focus on switching - which, I can say, I avoided because I didn't really want to use PacketTracer. Failing the exam, by a lot, kicked me in the arse.

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hi guys , Iam new here . I been studying on and off for like 6 months now , but with the different that Iam taking the test this friday , I just have few questions that I would like to get answers .
    1- iam geting between 900 and 1000 on the boson exam ( I have the icnd1 kit that i did buy direct with boson) but on the Pearson IT practices exam my score is very low because alot of time I find them very very difficult. Should I considere more the score from boson and ignore the one from Pearson( by the way, this practices test from pearson comes along with Wendell Odom book for ICND1).
    2- Iam really good on subnetting , routing protocols , swtiching troubleshooting, NAt so so , commands knows them all by heart. am I ready? I will really appreciated your opinion.
    GOD Bless you all.

You should go for the passing score on the practice tests. Boson tests are way more difficult than the actual test. If you think you are ready to take the test then go for it! The ICND1 isn't that bad of a test.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    higherho wrote: »
    Is their a place were I can obtain these boson tests? Currently reading the odom book (doing well on each of his do you know quizzes. I messed up bad on one chapter but re reading it and not making the silly mistakes like I did last time (mainly not reading the question fully). Also Transcender tests, I guess you have to pay for these too?

I used the one that came in the back of the Wendall Odom ICND1 book on CD. I installed the Boson Environment onto my computer and then used the activation code to activate the exam which had around 150 questions
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    I used the one that came in the back of the Wendall Odom ICND1 book on CD. I installed the Boson Environment onto my computer and then used the activation code to activate the exam which had around 150 questions

Nice! Found my code!
  • Options
    higherho wrote: »
    Nice! Found my code!

Good luck man take a look at that test until you feel comfortable with the format.

Make sure to select only ICND1 questions as I believe it has a few ICND2 as well.
  • Options
    bieser101bieser101 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am taking it tomorrow. I have been putting it off cause this will be my third time taking it. The first time was the saturday after the class. The second was in January and i really wasnt ready. I feel i am ready and have done pretty well on the practice exams. It's sad that I just found this website today though. Infact I have been doing some searches these past weeks and finding all kinds of info not always in the books.
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I find if you have an feeling you won't do good on the exam don't take it until comfortable. However, it's in the gut and heart if you don't feel solid on these exams. I have waited an extra 2-3 months and failed but, I passed after the fail which means I focused more on the weak areas. Then, sometimes you just have to prepare the best you can fail or pass. By which, what I mean don't wait to long and go sit for the exam pass or fail; you do get an print out of weak areas (be confident). I wish you the best on the exam.

About Certification Exams - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems