Options

Passed CCENT today

YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hey all--

Passed CCENT this morning, so I wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the wealth of information and support here. Some notables:

Score: 874
Resources used: Cisco Press by Odom, packet tracer, boson exam environment, CBT Nuggets

In all honesty I'm disappointed in my score. I think I was thrown off because this is the first exam I've taken in which I couldn't go back through and review my answers. As a result I spent far too much time verifying my answers and only had 12 minutes to spare by the time I was finished! For those of you using the Boson exam environment--Keep using it! Its format is very similar to the actual exam and I didn't feel as though I was looking at a foreign format when I was in the chair. It is also much more difficult than the real exam.

I'll probably spend a week lightly reviewing my weak areas before taking a short break prior to ICND2.

Thanks again everyone!

Comments

• Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with future studies.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good job, and congratulations are in order!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.

As a wise man once told me when I was upset with a passing score, "A touchdown is a touchdown, you don't get anything for going further over the goal line."
  • Options
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Congratulations.

As a wise man once told me when I was upset with a passing score, "A touchdown is a touchdown, you don't get anything for going further over the goal line."

Ha--So true. As the day goes on I'm feeling better about it...It could be worse :)
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Congrats! Where did you get your boson information from ? I'm currently using ODOM's book 3rd edition. I think its helping me out a lot and to be honest I feel that its all I need. Then again, I always worry that I do not have enough even though I do lol.
  • Options
    higherho wrote: »
    Congrats! Where did you get your boson information from ? I'm currently using ODOM's book 3rd edition. I think its helping me out a lot and to be honest I feel that its all I need. Then again, I always worry that I do not have enough even though I do lol.

My Boson exam environment was on a CD I got with my Odom 2nd edition book...
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and as I've heard in the past "A pass is an pass"! Hey let us know what you labbed with on this exam and for the ICND2.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Congratulations on passing.

Remember that the one that comes with Odams book isn't actually a Boson EXSIM-Max exam. It's the Boson exam enviornment that Odam wrote the questions for. I found the ExSim-Max exam to be harder than the one from Odams book.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD