Options

Packet Tracer How To

zimskizzimskiz Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hy!
I've sent a running-config to a tftp server, can i find the export running-config in my pc? i want to use into a real router.

THANK!icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    Why dont you just use copy and paste?
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In Packet Tracer, click on the TFTP server, then click the Config Tab, then click the TFTP button, it will display the items in the TFTP storage.

hth
  • Options
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    In Packet Tracer, click on the TFTP server, then click the Config Tab, then click the TFTP button, it will display the items in the TFTP storage. hth
    How can you use that configs on a real router?
  • Options
    fsanyee wrote: »
    In Packet Tracer, click on the TFTP server, then click the Config Tab, then click the TFTP button, it will display the items in the TFTP storage. hth

I know that , but how do i copy the running-conf from there ?how to export in my pc as .txt, or .doc
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    fsanyee wrote: »
    Why dont you just use copy and paste?

this, since it's a simple config / 1 page of text?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't believe you can export anything out to a PC from Packet Tracer. It's a simulation program. As for copying & pasting, highlight the running-config, RIGHT mouse click and select copy, open notepad, paste it there. Save it on you PC.

If you want to paste anything back into a switch or router config in Packet Tracer, go to the command prompt of the device, highlight & copy your desired config that is in Notepad, at the command prompt of the device in Packet Tracer, RIGHT mouse click - select paste.

hth
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    zimskiz wrote: »
    I know that , but how do i copy the running-conf from there ?how to export in my pc as .txt, or .doc

Forget about TFTP for now.

Go to the router in PT that has the config you want to export and left-click on it, this will open up a window with three tabs.

Select the "Config" tab.

Select the "Export" button next to either the running or startup config(up to you).

You should have it from here................

George

P.S. This is using PT 5.3.3
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    lol, i did not know about this function :D
  • Options
    georgemc wrote: »
    Forget about TFTP for now.

Go to the router in PT that has the config you want to export and left-click on it, this will open up a window with three tabs.

Select the "Config" tab.

Select the "Export" button next to either the running or startup config(up to you).

You should have it from here................

George

P.S. This is using PT 5.3.3
    Thanks, it's working!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    diegorivediegorive Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, i think you have been thinking like me, how i can to export all the commands that i typed on my packet tracer labs? and finally now i know how and i would like to share with you!!
    First of all, you have to go to options - preferences there you can see the large button named Export log so click on there and the final step is name the file like you want and choose where you want to save the file and that's all.

Ok, amigos i hope this will help you. If you have something to share please don't dude to do it!!

I wish you a Merry christmas and Happy New Year!!

Diego
    CCNA student
    Montreal, CA