Options

Another Passed ICND2 Thread

FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
Passed with 972,icon_cheers.gif

Used Nuggets First, Then Lammle, Then ODOM, Labbed every situation, especially every STP & RSTP Situations.

Think I overstudied this tbh, spent around 4 hrs a day for about six weeks.

Could subnet off the top of my head in less than a sec, and could work out VLSM in about 5 secs without paper to write on.

Really enjoyed this exam, My testing centre had replaced all the PC's. On my ICND 1 test I had a sticky mouse with a sticky ball and there were no letter on the keyboard keys.

I Found nuggets to be more of a summary/overview than anything, Lammles book is king IMHO.

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations. what will you do now?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! I'm starting ICND2 today, I really thought I'd take a break....but you know how that goes.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    :D

I can't tell you how many times I was going to take a break and it just didn't last more than a few days.

Congratulations and Good Luck.
  • Options
    jovenlibrejovenlibre Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. What book what you use?
    i review for purchase this book:
    CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Deluxe Study Guide, (Includes 2 CD-ROMs).
    what is you opinion about the simulator from Platinium vs. packet tracert,? (if you used both!).
    Thanks in advanced.
  • Options
    alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    I've got my test booked for the 14th April. I've been studying a few hours most days since November. I feel like the longer I go on studying the more I seem to forget. I can study frame relay for a couple of weeks and have that down but then feel worried when I do a practice test and get questions on it. Such a broad range to remember. I feel like I do know facts about everything I just don't know everything about everything.
    I've been doing the boson exams and I got 760 and 730. I also did a transcender exam and got 73%. I redid a boson exam yesterday though and only got two wrong so at least that shows I'm learning I guess
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    alliasneo wrote: »
    I've got my test booked for the 14th April.
    What materials are you using to study?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Nice pass dude!
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Great score and congrats on the pass!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Futura wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this exam, My testing centre had replaced all the PC's. On my ICND 1 test I had a sticky mouse with a sticky ball and there were no letter on the keyboard keys.

Wouldn't have been a problem if you had a keyboard like mine... lol. Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    some people pay a lot of money for keyboards without letters!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    What materials are you using to study?

I'm using Trainsignal, Odom ICND2 and Lammle. I feel I need to lab it up more but I can configure pretty much everything ok. Apart from a few commands here and there I'm ok, it's more of the theory I need to brush up on and I think that's really what you need for the exam. Passing the exam is a different scenario to configuring and working with a network in the real world it seems.

I'll just keep brushing up on the theory and try and memorise as much as possible for exam day
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    some people pay a lot of money for keyboards without letters!

haha... I probably paid 1.99 for a can of black spray paint!
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Great News. Congrats CCNP Next?
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Passed with 972,icon_cheers.gif

Used Nuggets First, Then Lammle, Then ODOM, Labbed every situation, especially every STP & RSTP Situations.

Think I overstudied this tbh, spent around 4 hrs a day for about six weeks.

Could subnet off the top of my head in less than a sec, and could work out VLSM in about 5 secs without paper to write on.

I Found nuggets to be more of a summary/overview than anything, Lammles book is king IMHO.

I couldn't find strictly an ICND2 book by Lammle like I could the ICND1. Did you use the book that covered the whole CCNA?
  • Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    I couldn't find strictly an ICND2 book by Lammle like I could the ICND1. Did you use the book that covered the whole CCNA?

Sorry , should have been more specific, Books were CCNA by Todd Lammle & ICND2 By Wendell Odom.

I just picked up the topics relating to whats required for the exam in the lammle book.

I really don't know what to do next to be honest, I looked at the exam topics for ROUTE and it looks daunting, saying that, so did the the ICND2 topics before I started swatting up on it.

I have a an ASA5540 in my rack at work, and maybe I should get to know it a little better.
  • Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Sorry , should have been more specific, Books were CCNA by Todd Lammle & ICND2 By Wendell Odom.

I just picked up the topics relating to whats required for the exam in the lammle book.

I really don't know what to do next to be honest, I looked at the exam topics for ROUTE and it looks daunting, saying that, so did the the ICND2 topics before I started swatting up on it.

I have a an ASA5540 in my rack at work, and maybe I should get to know it a little better.

Awesome those are the same two books I've purchased for ICND2.

I've been watching CBT Nuggets as well as Trainsignal and INE videos. About half way through Odom's ICND2 and it is quite a turn off. So much damn material and I feel half the time he runs off on wild tangents.

Maybe I should start using Lammle's CCNA book instead of the ICND2 book. I was going to use Odom's before Lammle's but I may reverse the order now.
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□

He doesn't have one, he did post this on his forum - (7th edition)

For the ICND1 exam, study these chapters:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16

For ICND2 exam, study these chapters (assuming you've passed ICND1):
    5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

For CCNA composite, obviously study all chapters.
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Futura on a job well done!
    ~ Sean