Options

Mcitp:sa

rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
And now it's official! Took the 646 yesterday and got the pass! After 2 years of working on this (due to some delays) I'm happy to have this cert under my belt!
CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS

Comments

• Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Well done, how long was your break between the 3 exams? Did you have to reread all the material from the 640/642 for this exam?
  • Options
    AnFgarAnFgar Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Going off memory here...I did the 680 and 640 back in June/July of 2010. Then in the fall of 2010 I did my two SANS courses/certs. From January to May of 2011 I was in CISSP mode (tested in March and fully endorsed in May). I took a break until October when I took the 642 (failed it the first time I took it). So now March 2012 I did the 646.

I used the Microsoft press book. On my former project I left in December I was heavy in to 2008R2 and Windows 7 (security configuration, GPO creation, backups, etc) so a good bit of the material was familiar to me.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome job! You are running out of real estate in the certification section!
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz and thanks for posting the resources used.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Very nice, congrats on your pass!!