Options

Boson Exams

kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
Hi All,

I no these have been mentioned a fair bit recently but wanted to ask are they really worth the cash? Downloaded the demo today and looks good can you break the exams into catergories? Eg OSPF,ACL's and STP?

Alos how often do people do practice exams? I have my exam in 10 days and starting to paniac as I dont think I am ready?

K
LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's good. I bought it, never regretted it. Helped me focus on the questions, get me into a test-mood, helps to get yourself into a deep-thinking mindset of applying different situations together. Troubleshooting had to be the best enjoyment though :)

Take the exam as a serious test, sit down through it. You can always push the exam back if you don't feel ready.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I agree with Rogue (as usual). I ALWAYS use the practice exams to get a feel for the exam before taking the real one.

If nothing else, the Boson exams will let you know if you are particularly weak in any categories, or if you need to worry about answering questions faster.
  • Options
    dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Quick question.

On the Boson practice exams do you have to take the full exam each time or can you choose how many questions you want to try? The reason I'm asking is to practice with say maybe 10 questions at a time when you don't have time to sit for a full 90 minute practice exam. Thanks for any help.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • Options
    bout2kbout2k Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dcren21 wrote: »
    Quick question.

On the Boson practice exams do you have to take the full exam each time or can you choose how many questions you want to try? The reason I'm asking is to practice with say maybe 10 questions at a time when you don't have time to sit for a full 90 minute practice exam. Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can customize it to answer blocks of questions. You can also have it hide questions that you have already answered correctly. You can customize it to automatically show the right answer if you miss a question.
    What happens in the cloud, stays in the cloud! - Jeremy Cioara
  • Options
    dcren21dcren21 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the clearing that up. I appreciate it.
    WGU B.S. IT - Security (Start Date 8/1/12) : Transferred | Required | In Progress | Completed
    AGC1 BBC1 LAE1 LUT1 QBT1 INT1 BVC1 RIT1 INC1 CUV1 BOV1 GAC1 HHT1 DHV1 CSV1 QLT1 IWC1 IWT1 DJV1 KET1 TPV1 CVV1 CJV1 KFT1 SBT1 RGT1 CTV1 CNV1 CQV1 COV1 AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1 MGC1 BNC1
  • Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the info.

I went and bought the CCNA 802 exams yesterday. Well all I can say is its gotta be the best £70 I have spent on the Cisco study front. Really good exams (hard though).

I did a practice this morning scored a dismal 400 odd so I am now paniacing as I have exam next week so really need to crack on and study. I dont want to postpone as I have dont that far to many times plus I have booked time off work to study and take exam.

Any tips for a long weekend of study?

K
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I usually do exactly what dcren21 said above. I usually set it to hide questions I have answered correctly 1 time and do sets of 10 questions. That way I get a nice even percentage each time. The sets of 10 questions give you a nice little exam and you can take a break and then hit another 10. Once I have answered each question correctly 1 time, I change the setting to hide questions that I have answered correctly twice and do them all again. I continue this until test day.

For the CCNP SWITCH exam, I was up to "hide questions that I have answered correctly 10 times".
  • Options
    nkillgorenkillgore Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    I usually do exactly what dcren21 said above. I usually set it to hide questions I have answered correctly 1 time and do sets of 10 questions. That way I get a nice even percentage each time. The sets of 10 questions give you a nice little exam and you can take a break and then hit another 10. Once I have answered each question correctly 1 time, I change the setting to hide questions that I have answered correctly twice and do them all again. I continue this until test day.

For the CCNP SWITCH exam, I was up to "hide questions that I have answered correctly 10 times".

This is a great idea!

I really liked the Boson exams. I do think that they are significantly more difficult than the actual exam, though.