Options

70-640 booked for this weekend

NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have scheduled my 70-640 exam for this Sunday (Apr 8th). Fingers are crossed. I have gone over the Testout material and MSPress book. I am now working on practice tests. Which do you think is the most accurate representation of the real exam? I have the following: Testout MeasureUp (supplied with MSPress book) uCertify Self Test Software (basically Transcender) Also, Transcender's site mentioned there are currently no sims on the exam. Is this true or did I misunderstand their message?
WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
Start Date: December 2013

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Probably, a mix of uCertify and the Self-Test software. I didn't have any sims, but I also took the exam in December, so that may have changed.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Exam is tomorrow morning. My practice tests are not too consistent. I do fine on the single choice questions but struggle on the "Choose all that apply" ones. Fingers are crossed for tomorrow.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck tomorrow! Dont worry, you wont get any of those "Choose all that apply" type questions, you'll rather get "Choose 2 or 3 of the following" type questions, so you'll know how many of the choices are correct. You probably know this already, but just saying.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Mine is booked for Thursday the 12th. I just finished a 6 1/2 hour lab marathon. Rinse and repeat tomorrow. :)-
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck, please let us know how you go:)
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    Passed the exam this morning (barely). My score was only 769 but given my one month time crunch, I'm happy with that. Now to get 70-642 completed by the end of the month :)
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    Passed the exam this morning (barely). My score was only 769 but given my one month time crunch, I'm happy with that. Now to get 70-642 completed by the end of the month :)

I'm thinking of taking it soon. is it very command prompt intensive??
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    matt333 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of taking it soon. is it very command prompt intensive??

Not really. Make sure you do know all your commands and what they are used for though.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! A pass is a pass!
  • Options
    Congrats! A pass is a pass!

Thanks! Good luck on yours next week.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nobylspoon wrote: »

Congrats on passing! These exams are no joke. I am finding them much harder than the Server 2003 exams, so far.
  • Options
    NamaSayaRubenNamaSayaRuben Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I think this is my next exam, trying for MCITP EA myself... Did you have any previous Server certification experience for MS? Or is this your first? The only other server exam I've taken is for Windows Server 2000 icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    I had some minimal AD experience back in 2003-2005. I took a Sever 2003 class in college a couple years ago. Not much else besides that. I deal with Solaris servers at work so most of it was all new for me.
    WGU PROGRESS