SCOm rough costs?

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
All,

We're poking at SCOM 2007 for some of our servers. (i know 2012 is nearly out) It has some features that currently Foglight/Nagios can't reproduce. Calling sales people is a nightmare... anyone know the rough cost per host/server?

Looking at 100 windows servers.
10 dcs
2 sharepoint
2 Greatplains
the rest are file.. print and misc application servers

thanks,
-Daniel
-Daniel

Comments

• higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    All,

We're poking at SCOM 2007 for some of our servers. (i know 2012 is nearly out) It has some features that currently Foglight/Nagios can't reproduce. Calling sales people is a nightmare... anyone know the rough cost per host/server?

Looking at 100 windows servers.
    10 dcs
    2 sharepoint
    2 Greatplains
    the rest are file.. print and misc application servers

thanks,
    -Daniel

I could give you some exact quotes but I do not have them in front of me right now. I am implementing SCCM for our clients (40) and we have our management server. You have to purchase keys for your workstations and if you are doing servers them too. For your environment you're looking over 3k easily (they might give you discounts).

SCCM 2007 R2 / R3 will do everything well but it will be much easier in a 2008 environment than a 2003 (at least from my experience).
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pricing depends on a lot of factors, including but not limited, to your current licensing agreement/benefit level (if any), which features you intend to use, whether you need all servers to have agents installed or just your production ones (you might could get by with just using the Essentials version or whatever they're calling it now).

At a minimum you have to license a management server, a SQL server, and each agent that you install. To make it more complicated, I think they're currently bundling the entire System Center feature set together instead of being able to purchase SCCM, SCOM, etc separately.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...