Options

Meters and Feet

wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
I have decided to sit this exam as my work will pay 95% of the exam cost and I need a break from CCNP
I have noticed that the training material I used (sybex) says Meter Eg 10Base2 185 meters, however when using practice exams (boson) it asks me in feet! Will it be a mix of the two in the exam?

Got the exam next friday
Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Most likely you will encounter the meteric to English measurement conversions along the line. But, just remember 1 meter=3.28 ft.

Memorize it, then conversion is easy.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    does it have to be that accuract ie x3.28!? its not gonna have what it the max distance for 10BaseT?
    A. 328 Feet
    B. 326 Feet

etc ?

surely not! icon_eek.gif
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    does it have to be that accuract ie x3.28!? its not gonna have what it the max distance for 10BaseT?
    A. 328 Feet
    B. 326 Feet

LOL! That is so funny
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    CompTIA questions are not 'that' sneaky. 'If' the use feet as a metric in a question about cable lengths, which I doubt is the case, the incorrect answers will be the valid length of other media in feet, so not that close to each other.
  • Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wildfire wrote:
    I have decided to sit this exam as my work will pay 95% of the exam cost and I need a break from CCNP
    I have noticed that the training material I used (sybex) says Meter Eg 10Base2 185 meters, however when using practice exams (boson) it asks me in feet! Will it be a mix of the two in the exam?

Got the exam next friday

When I wrote the test a couple of months ago, they used meters as a unit of measurement eg 10base5 = 500 m 10base2 = 185 m. Most of the books that I came across used it as well. Just as a precaution, you can jot down the unit equivalent on the writing pad @ the testing center for a reference. Best of luck!
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    I just ignored the metric system most of the time during the questions.

I just remembered this.

T, TX, CX = 100
    100 = 100
    2 = 185
    5 = 500

But I'm going to assume that's all in meters?
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    BaredorBaredor Member Posts: 99
    Every question I've seen on A+ and Net+ had the answers in metric and English. ie.-

A. 100m (328 ft.)
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    You can bet on the metric system exclusively. Cable lengths are regulated by the IEEE, they dont use the american system as they are an international entity, and since everyone conforms to IEEE, if you got a question that wanted the answer in the american system I would challenge the test, and you would win.

With the exception maybe of - How many feet are in 100 meters, as that would be practical knowledge applied here in the states. But if they asked how many feet a lan segment on 10base5 would be I would challenge it.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p