FHSU vs WGU (Pros & Cons)

itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
Hi guys, I apply to both schools and I am wondering what are the pro and cons between the two schools from people attending them. I will be taking the networking classes, however I guess to me would be how much of my devry university ncm credits will transfer over which are 99.

Thanks!

Network Administrator
:

Looking forward in 2017: CCENT

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    itangel wrote: »
    Hi guys, I apply to both schools and I am wondering what are the pro and cons between the two schools from people attending them. I will be taking the networking classes, however I guess to me would be how much of my devry university ncm credits will transfer over which are 99.

Thanks!

FHSU, from my understanding, will be like attending a traditional school, so you'll have a traditional model. WGU has a syllabus (Course of Study) that will give a student structure if he/she is not already competent in that subject OR needs more structured guidance to pass a course (Math for me was like that...I actually did the homework, and did not ****, for I would only be cheating myself...lol)

You will probably best served going to both WGU stickies (on the top of IT Jobs/Degree subforum...) and reading both of them from the beginning. I guarantee you it will not be a waste of time and you can scan through a good deal of the older posts. Much better than waiting for someone to answer a question that's been ask a gazillion times. :)

As for how many credits will transfer...it depends on either school and what answer you get back.
  • itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
    erpadmin wrote: »
    FHSU, from my understanding, will be like attending a traditional school, so you'll have a traditional model. WGU has a syllabus (Course of Study) that will give a student structure if he/she is not already competent in that subject OR needs more structured guidance to pass a course (Math for me was like that...I actually did the homework, and did not ****, for I would only be cheating myself...lol)

You will probably best served going to both WGU stickies (on the top of IT Jobs/Degree subforum...) and reading both of them from the beginning. I guarantee you it will not be a waste of time and you can scan through a good deal of the older posts. Much better than waiting for someone to answer a question that's been ask a gazillion times. :)

As for how many credits will transfer...it depends on either school and what answer you get back.

Hey thanks for the tip, I will check out that section then I was not sure were these post were located and if this question has been answer. Thanks!

Network Administrator
    :

• higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    itangel wrote: »

Thanks!

One thing you will want to watch out for is accreditation between schools and to make sure they are no a profit based school (I know WGU is not a profit based school but these should be prim considerations when choosing a school).
  • itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
    Ic, thanks for the advice, WGU and FHSU is no-profit schools just have to make a decision between the two and which one will be better for me specially when I will be landing a new job here too not to soon.

Anyone know which school is technically cheaper without accelerating?

Network Administrator
    :