Passed SWITCH and TSHOOT this week

WayneWWayneW Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
And am now CCNP. Passed the ROUTE back in February. Biggest resources for me would be CBT Nuggets, OCG and work experience. Watched the videos for foundation and read the book and took notes for the depth that was needed for the tests.

Next my work is pushing me toward the new Data Center Architecture.

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the CCNP and good luck going forward.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Way to go.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Excellent work.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, you must have quite a few years experience to get through tshoot in the same week?.
  • WayneWWayneW Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I only have a little over 1 year of experience, but I work for a Cisco Gold partner in a NOC so I've been exposed to basically every end of the Cisco spectrum, and have a ton of study/field time and help/advice from senior engineers to get through exams.
  • waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Curious as to how much of route/ switch / tshoot content is actually used / relevant in a real work environment that you are in?.
  • WayneWWayneW Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To be honest a lot if not all of it has been touched on whether through various tickets or projects we deal with. Which for me just seeing certain technologies in real world environments was enough to push me over the edge for the tests.