Options

Not passing the practice test

jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
I saw a lot of feedback here about Boson Practice test more difficult than the actual exam, I am using the Boson Exam Sim 640-802. Is there a chance that somebody here took the test and pass by not getting the passing score from this practice test ? I just want to gauge the difficulty of the exam.

Comments

• Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    I saw a lot of feedback here about Boson Practice test more difficult than the actual exam, I am using the Boson Exam Sim 640-802. Is there a chance that somebody here took the test and pass by not getting the passing score from this practice test ? I just want to gauge the difficulty of the exam.

The Boson Practice tests are indeed more difficult. If you're taking the one that came with the book, it creates exams from a pool of like 150+ questions. Keep on taking the exams until you're scoring 80% or more on them. Yes, you'll probably start to recognize some of the questions but even if you do, the answers are randomized so you'll still have to work through the problem.

The key is to review the practice exam when you're done and understand why your wrong answers are wrong and why the right answers are right. The first time I took the Boson practice test I scored a 65%. I took it two more times, each time scoring better and better. I knew I was ready for the real exam when I scored 89% on the my third go. It really showed me weak areas and what I needed to study more.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844

Yes, it may be harder, but I would still try for about 90% before going for the real exam.
  • Options
    I purchased the practice test directly from Boson, The answer to the questions helps me understand better and compare different information. Although I've been practicing for a while about 2 weeks but on and off because of my work schedule. I am into cramming mode now because my test is schedule this monday. But the entire review I started last January. I use CBT Nuggets video and CCNA:Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide 7th edition
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Yes, it may be harder, but I would still try for about 90% before going for the real exam.
    qft. I was scoring ~90% on the Boson exams when I passed my ICND1 with high 900s. Not that there is any solid correlation between the two scores, but it definitely helps if you use the Boson exams correctly.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    I took the test today the exam CCNA 640-802 score only 669 FAILED! Time is my enemy begun cramming when I still have 24 questions left and 30mins. remaining. Now I am thinking if I would retake it with the same CCNA composite exam or might try to take the ICND1 and ICND2 route.