Options

Just failed 70-680 (80 questions/4 hour time limit now)

night owlnight owl Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
As many have said, this test is very difficult. I sat through a week long class, studied in the evening and still failed. It's interesting that while I feel comfortable in my "real-world" working knowledge of Windows 7 the exam didn't reflect that. It was like I had never seen or heard of Windows 7. Also interesting, about half of my class failed. Those that passed used outside exam preps if you know what I mean.

For those of you about to take the test, be sure to brush up on the follow:

Installing, upgrading and migrating
Configuring disks
Folder & printer sharing
EFS & Bitlocker
Remote desktops and remote assistance
Branchcache
GPO & Local Group Policies
Windows 7 command line tools and the parameters used (I got a lot of these questions)

Good Luck!!

Comments

• Options
    halaakajanhalaakajan Member Posts: 167
    Hmm try watching some CBTs such as CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal. It will definitely help you. :) Good luck. Set up a lab at home using VMware workstation or similar other technology. Setup 1 Server 2008 Machine and 2 Windows 7 Machines. Follow the labs.
  • Options
    mooty86mooty86 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just failed myself , been studying for 3 weeks, i got 536 . I confident I'll get it next time .
    I think alot of my time was wasted reading the long questions and forgetting it and going back to it again lol
    I was just overwhelmed with the long questions.
  • Options
    the_erickeethe_erickee Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the test on Friday, 4-20-12, and only had 50 questions. Unfortunately, I failed by 35 points. I rescheduled for the following Monday, 4-23-12, to try and retain my studies. To my surprise, it still only had 50 questions, but I got a 1000. I have never received a perfect score on a MS test. Feels good.
    Erick Marshall - @erickbm

MCSE,MCITP x2,vExpert 2015,VCAP,VCP5 x2,MCSA x2,MCTS x3,MCP x2,UCP,Network+,A+