Options

Need some help with these....

binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
can someone help me with these questions?

how to find out frame relay dlci assigned for the other end? show frame-relay map?
what the heck is stp proposal - agreement sequence? does the exam mean the root election? does stp and rstp have the same? yes?
which vlan range can be addedd modified and removed? i know now that the list goes up to 1004 but can vlan1 be renemed or removed?
rstp have faster transition to forward state on p2p links? yes
does command show boot exists? cisco reference show show bootvar, but is show boot a legacy command?
does trunking work on 10Mbps links?
how does ospf load balancing? up to 16 links in the routing table
command to permit ssh or telnet? transport type all or transport input all?
router on a stick: if a links is a trunk containing different vlan to a port of the router, does it need subinterfaces?
is :: a valid ipv6 address? equivlant to 0.0.0.0? what about ::192.168.1.1?
what l2tp is used for?

Comments

• Options
    KeanoknickKeanoknick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like you've got some serious studying to do. The majority of those questions you should know without thinking about it, if you are planning on taking the CCNA test or tests. A read through Wendell Odem's book, will answer all of those questions, and you'll actually learn the info, and why it is or works the way it does. Us just giving you the answers won't help you.
  • Options
    odom's book was read through 3 times, pardon me for not having a photographic memory.

most of the questions i had the answer at the end of it, but i need to make sure that i am right.

and if you look into the questions without the answers, i don't think they are in the book, except for router on a stick question.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    I'm currently studying for the ICND1 test so I haven't gone over everything. But I do know that in Odoms books he does answer answer the question for finding the DLCI on the other end of a link (I looked it up), he does cover VLANs and naming, the commands for telnet and SSH. Looks like you are asking for information that would be asked on the composite exam.

No one is expecting you to have a photographic memory. But that is a bit of information to ask for especially all at one time. You say you had the answers for most of the questions so why are you wondering if you're right?
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    because what i think is right is not necessary the right answer.
    no i am not taking the ccna composite exam, only the icnd2. it's been a few years since i read the icnd1 book.
    what i don't understand is the people that knows the answer couldn't just say yup yup no yup yup to my answers.
    odom's book is good but not a supreme being of all information as most perceive, and dry. i did odom's book 3 times and watch jeremy ciora's videos twice. router on a stick is my screwup, but some of the stuff like :: or 10mbps trunks, i don't think it's on the book.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why would you want a 10Mbps trunk?

Which edition of Odom's book do you have?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    latest version.
    i failed the icnd2 exam by 5% and namely there were a few topics on the exam, listed above that sticks out like a sore thumb. i am trying to learn these things and i have been googling. in my test, they mixed alot of icnd1 stuff in.
    also there is a topic which i can't really understand, it was asking how to get the debug command to show up elsewhere, which i think they mean remotely which is terminal monitor, but i think i read the questions wrong
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like the post is on the verge of breaking NDA. I don't agree about part of Keanoknick's post though... Honestly, off hand I don't know if you can have a 10mb trunk. Would have to try it in the lab. And I'm taking ICND2 on Thursday. The rest of the stuff I can answer however.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    hey codeblox since you are in similar shoe with me can you tell me if my answers are correct?
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you sure it's the latest version? Because I know for a fact that it has information about :: and ::1.

Also, like CodeBlox has said, it's close to breaking NDA on this one with the questions you're asking. Just keep calm, go back through the topics in which you're struggling. Lab lab and more labs, this will help with the information staying in your head.

I have found the CBTNuggets will help break the ice on most topics, I then read my CCNA book by Todd Lammle to help understand more details about specifics, I then go on to read ICND2 by Odom for a more in depth view on technologies. THEN, after all that LAB :) this will help ensure you know the topics, and if you're not quite there, lab some more.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    KeanoknickKeanoknick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Sounds like the post is on the verge of breaking NDA. I don't agree about part of Keanoknick's post though... Honestly, off hand I don't know if you can have a 10mb trunk. Would have to try it in the lab. And I'm taking ICND2 on Thursday. The rest of the stuff I can answer however.

Yes, you can have a 10MB trunk with 802.1q, but not with ISL
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    Honestly, off hand I don't know if you can have a 10mb trunk.

Yes, you can have a 10Mbps trunk line. The 2600 series routers can form a trunk with a switch, and they only have 10Mbps ports. It's rare for something old enough to not have FastEthernet to support it, but it's certainly possible.
  • Options
    hi all,
    thanks mac daddy, i got my book 2 years ago and did not realize they put a new edition out. i am on second edition and i am heading to barnes nobles right now to read the 3rd edition. do you think i should just buy the icnd2 3rd edition?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    binargs wrote: »
    hi all,
    thanks mac daddy, i got my book 2 years ago and did not realize they put a new edition out. i am on second edition and i am heading to barnes nobles right now to read the 3rd edition. do you think i should just buy the icnd2 3rd edition?
    You should always check for and try to read certification books published after the exam release date. Whether to buy--or read it all in the bookstore--is up to you. Either method can be equally effective. Personally, I buy technical books for my Kindle. That way they're always with me when I have a moment and not such a hassle to lug around. That's not the cheapest method, but appropriate certifications do tend to greatly increase your income.

PS - Also check the errata page for whatever book you buy! There's no sense in memorizing wrong information.