Options

1 or 2 test route?

schwarztraderschwarztrader Inactive Imported Users Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok, as I am a newbie on this forum I would like to know your thoughts on the 1 vs 2 tests routes that can be taken for completing the CCNA. I for one, have elected to go the 1 test route as my wife tells me, "why pay/study twice as much/long for something you can accomplish once?", shes the smart one.

I have noticed from previous posts that a lot of you have either taken, or going to take the 2 exam route. What are the underlying reasons for your decision - either way?

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    main reason I am taking the 2 test route is because my tests are all payed for by my employer, so I figured why not. After I completed Intro test last week I kinda wish I would have gone for the whole thing, cause I am almost down with my ICND, turns out I really overstudied for the intro. Only thing that was holding me back was VLSM, and after I finally mastered that I just kept reading. Plan on taking ICND in a couple of weeks when I get back from my long overdue vacation.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I took the single exam route as it seemed to make more logical sense, however that was 640-607 and did not include topics such as NAT. It depends on your experience also, if you have worked on routers and switches then I would say one exam is the way to go. However if you are brand new to it then perhaps the two exam is the best way to go.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    I work full time, and I live alone so I spend a lot of time on household upkeep. I figured two more focused tests would be easier for me to study for.