Options

connect OSPF to RIP networks ! help me !!

medo1990medo1990 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I have a project of how to connect different networks with different protocols together as the following picture explains :

1334257858252.jpg

but when I completed every thing like addressing and configuring the routers of the different protocols , I had a problem I don't know where icon_sad.gif

in the VLSM network I made a summary for the different networks and configured the routers as static but I still can't ping any computer from different networks !!

I have the project of the packet tracer program on the following link

project_2.pkt - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

plz any one can help me , am tired icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What version of packet tracer are you using?? I get an error stating that your pkt file isn't compatible with my version of packet tracer. I've got 5.3.2.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    am using 5.3.3
  • Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    why cant i download this without a registration?
  • Options
    u can register to 4shared using ur facebook account
  • Options
    Yeah, despite it being so simple, I found it a little daunting to register just to download your file to try and help. I'll update PT in a little while (I've got class to attend now)
  • Options
    i dont think its worth...
    u can upload this file somewhere else and i can download without reg...
  • Options
    I'll upload the file on different site
  • Options
    u can log in to 4shared using ur facebook accounts

anyway this is different link

project.pkt download - 2shared
  • Options
    A quick look at it shows that you are clearly missing some routes. Do a tracert from a PC to another PC in a different subnet and see where it stops. Console into the router where it stopped and see that the route really isn't there.
  • Options
    On router 12, from global config, do the following:
    ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.248.0 serial 3/0

On router 3, from global config, do the following:
    ip route 10.10.0.0 255.255.224.0 ser 6/0

Laptop 1 should be able to ping pc 1 after adding those commands. In fact, the top two subnets should be able to communicate now and do for me.
  • Options
    there are few summary routes missing in the vlsm and you have to add those summary routes to the border routers like: 3, 6, 8, 16.
    anyway this isnt cool, you cant use redistribution from one protocol to another because static routes are in the middle of everything.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Is connecting two networks using different routing protocols covered on the CCNA now? I thought that was CCNP level stuff?
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    lantech wrote: »
    Is connecting two networks using different routing protocols covered on the CCNA now? I thought that was CCNP level stuff?
    ye route redistribution is a CCNP topic.
  • Options
    lantech wrote: »

as i remember, when i finished the network academy (2007), in the last case study i had to do some mutual redistribution with ospf and rip.