Options

grade

pianoman35pianoman35 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
What do u need to pass this test? I'm taking it tomorrow... I hope I pass it :)

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think it's 505, or 550. Good Luck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This website says this Passing Score: 515 (scale 100 - 900)
  • Options
    So is that 515 out of 900?
  • Options
    squawk1500squawk1500 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pianoman35 wrote:

Yes. I found this on comptia website.
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/faqs.aspx#337

What is the minimum score required to pass the CompTIA A+ exams?
    The CompTIA A+ upgraded exams covering the 2003 objectives are graded on a scale of 100 – 900. The minimum score for the CompTIA A+ Core Hardware exam is 515 and the minimum score for the CompTIA A+ OS exam is 505.
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    good luck
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good luck, pianoman35!

The only thing that anybody around here can tell you is that only CompTIA knows for sure. People have been asking these same types of questions for a long time.

More importantly, CompTIA says
    CompTIA A+® Certification
    CompTIA A+ certification is an international industry credential that validates the knowledge of computer service technicians with the equivalent of 500 hours of hands-on experience. Major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers accept CompTIA A+ as the standard in foundation-level, vendor-neutral certification for service technicians.
    If you pass with 515 and pass the OS part with 505, you are a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional. If you pass with 900, you are a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional. The score will never appear again throughout your career. And, you have a cert that says you have the knowledge equivalent to an average PC tech with 500 hrs(about 3 months on the job)
    of hands-on experience.

I highly recommend that you do A+. After A+ you'll know if you really want to go ahead.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    all da best pianoman35!!!
  • Options
    I failed it icon_cry.gif , I got a 488... well im studying right now to try it again in about 1 or 2 weeks.
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    You came close! Don't give up. Study harder and try again.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Better luck next time!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Im gonna take it again in about 2 weeks when the others take the OS. I studied for like 6 hours last night..lol.. oh well, hopefully I pass it next time.
  • Options
    luCiDluCiD Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Indeed, I just took it and it is 515 for 220-301.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    pianoman35 wrote:
    Im gonna take it again in about 2 weeks when the others take the OS. I studied for like 6 hours last night..lol.. oh well, hopefully I pass it next time.

Better luck next time. Perhaps get as much hands-on experience as you can in the meantime.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    KatanaSamKatanaSam Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    janmike wrote:
    ...And, you have a cert that says you have the knowledge equivalent to an average PC tech with 500 hrs(about 3 months on the job)
    of hands-on experience.

Well that is simply ridiculous. 500 hours of fixing PCs in the real world gives you a hell of a lot of experience with spy ware and virus infestations and about zippo in terms of the actual nitty gritty of how computers operate. I know. I've got a number of friends who are PC technicians. The only ones that truely understand how things work have had some formal education.

The fact is that studying for the A+ gives you alot of knowledge (not necessarily 'understanding') that many PC technicians don't (and won't) have cause they don't see the value of that knowledge. If most PC techs need to know what is assigned to a particular IRQ they'll look it up when they need that info. Likewise passing the A+ might mean you're a 'certified professional' but it no where claims you will be a 'certified technician'. There's a lot of paper techs running around who simply have no clue how to trouble shoot in the real world. I've worked with a few of them.
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    dont worry...study more and sure you can pass next time...all the best in there...i couldnt say much cause i havent taken it yet but always be positive!!no matter what you get...good luck :D