Passed ICND2 with a score of 930!!! WOOHOOO!!!

CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
Not sure if this constitutes a whole new thread but I just got home from taking ICND2 passing with a score of 930!!! WOOHOOO!!! For this exam, you MUST know how to subnet quickly and you MUST know all of the material. I was really tested on this one and I'd say it's pretty tough. Finally :)
Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens

Comments

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Woohoo, congrats on the pass!

You're now a full fledged CCNA! I'll be taking my test in a few weeks time.

I thought subnetting really wasn't on this one too much, just VLSM... But, then again that is subnetting.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You need to be able to quickly determine what interfaces belong to subnets. That is only part of the bigger problem so it seemed. Lucky for me though, subnetting is not an issue since I can do it very quickly thanks to the online test here: Subnetting Quiz -- Steve Kehlet's Pages

I do subnetting practice there daily and I'm able to do so in like 10 seconds because of it. There was also VLSM on this as well (I still consider this subnetting)
  • seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats CodeBlox! Yes, ICND2 is tough. And yes you MUST know all of the materials. Great score!
    ~ Sean
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Wow, congrats!!!! Hopefully, I'll be able to join you as a CCNA myself in a few months!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats, great score!

Have you already post your study materials you've used ? :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
    Did you use the boson practice exams at all?
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    WoooHooo!--Congrats!
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • OscedumirOscedumir Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man, super score!! What study material did you use and how long did you study for?
  • cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 250 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • yamaj615yamaj615 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the club! I am a new ccna myself.
  • jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Congrats!!! Would you mind sharing how long is your study time and reference materials.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations Codeblox. I'm happy for you :)

When did you start?
    What did you use?
    Got any notes?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass, that's a solid score!
    I've spent a lot of time studying. I kept practicing subnetting daily until I could do it like second nature. The only books used were Wendel Odoms Cisco Press books. I started out using packet tracer and made the move to GNS3. I do have some hardware as well and I did some studying at the college lab. A lot of the study was at home though. Anything I learned, I labbed and if something didn't work along the way, I figured it out. Biggest thing is to lab what you learn because this reinforces everything. It could make the difference between selecting the correct answer on the exam. It was definitely a totally different beast from ICND1 though. More IPv6 on the exam than I expected too (know your ranges)! Total study time is hard to gauge because at the time I was supposed to take this exam (which was last year) I landed a helpdesk job and put it off until now. I was prepared last year though and would say that it took 4 - 5 months. I went back over everything though and it didn't take as long because I already knew most of it well. So 4 - 5 months is how long I took to prepare. I'd say stick with it, make a schedule and set a date for your exam because it's easy to push off til later.

EDIT: And yes, I used the Boson practice questions but I only did the questions like twice. It becomes meaningless after that I think.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! :D
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    grats and thanks for all the info you have shared especially the subnetting stuff.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations on a pass and a great score.
    Great job!
  • mike121mike121 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice score! Time for job searching now?
  • LetterLetter Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice. Keep the momentum!
  • borco1954borco1954 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow! You do have reason to be proud!
    One has to sit on the chair to understand the true relief and satisfaction of finally getting it done.

Thank you CodeBox for this meaningful, straightforward and unbiased opinion about the materail you used in preparation for the Cicso CCNA exam. I can follow this and feel comfortable that Wendel Odom's material with a simulator like PT or GNS3.

May I ask WHY you made GNS3 the final choice?

I ask especially because I am mapping out my attack of CCND2 (I passed the ICND1 phase just a few hours ago). Now I am wondering if I should jump into it full force or not and if yes, I need to take the best path. Yours seem to be a viable one I can live with. Any advice other than what you have already emphasized?
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your passing ICND2, great score.icon_thumright.gif
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
    borco1954 wrote: »
    Wow! You do have reason to be proud!
    One has to sit on the chair to understand the true relief and satisfaction of finally getting it done.

Thank you CodeBox for this meaningful, straightforward and unbiased opinion about the materail you used in preparation for the Cicso CCNA exam. I can follow this and feel comfortable that Wendel Odom's material with a simulator like PT or GNS3.

May I ask WHY you made GNS3 the final choice?

I ask especially because I am mapping out my attack of CCND2 (I passed the ICND1 phase just a few hours ago). Now I am wondering if I should jump into it full force or not and if yes, I need to take the best path. Yours seem to be a viable one I can live with. Any advice other than what you have already emphasized?

I chose GNS3 because there were some commands that didn't work in PT (Not many, but some like spanning-tree cost on interfaces). PT is a great tool as well, but in the end, I really enjoyed using the actual IOS. Thats pretty much all the advice I can give. Be sure and lab everything though. I had been making my own topologies and combining everything that I learned to make something big or until I got tired of making something that works as intended. I didn't follow any lab topologies on websites to base mine on.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice job! Great score Mister CCNA
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Great job OP.

Would you say most of the information tested on IPv6 was pretty straight-forward?
  • lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Great job, congratulations
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz and fantastic score!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD