Options

ccna security failed

tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I failed this test and from what I read here it was a cupcake test. I studied for over 3 months the last week was 5+hours a day. I don't know if Cisco is the way I should go after this I just bought the Voice book and I am not sure.

Comments

• Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Since you already have CCNA, what areas did you fail on CCNA Sec?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    tink334 wrote: »
    I don't know if Cisco is the way I should go after this I just bought the Voice book and I am not sure.
    What are the reasons you've taken CCNA Sec?
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    I took the class at school and it was mandatory to take but not too pass.

I did notice on question 10 the picture quality was terrible I could barely see what I needed. There were about 10 questions this way I had the test administrator look at it and he said he would file a report. I don't know if it was there monitors in the lab or the pics. Should I call Pearson and complain?
  • Options
    SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    If the picture quality was not up-to-par, how can your answers be? I would file a complaint.
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can file a complaint while taking the test. Of course it doesn't pause the time, but the creators/maintence persons do look at the comments for questions.

I haven't delved into CCNA Security past the best practices taught within CCNA or CCNP. Other than that I have no idea what's going on with it. Now the reason you've taken the test is because you're interested in the material.

You wouldn't have been able to read thing the book if you weren't somewhat interested.

Buck up.

Can't pass every test. Don't let it get you down. Focus the anger into motiviation to pass the test!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    mikerangermikeranger Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yes roguetadhg is right make it a motivation to pass the test. btw what test did you take??? the 553 or 554?
  • Options
    I going to have to work on the SDM more.
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    This isn't the first time I've heard of bad picture quality in this exam..... Considering Cisco has updated the cert and retired this one effective next September I'm guessing this is not going to be fixed.

I'm back on the CCNA-S bandwagon.... I keep procrastinating but think I'm really going to book it for next week.

Do you think the bad pictures impacted your score much or just a few points?
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bad pictures can. I remember taking the ASVAB and the diagrams sucked.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Man, I hate to hear this!!! I'm doing some studying over the weekend in hopes to take this thing Monday or Tuesday... Hope the graphics aren't too bad. The exam centers in my area have cheap a$$ CRTs that look like nicotine stains and the keyboards click like an old greenbar printer...

Oh well, get back on that horse man! Good luck on your retake!

Out
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO
  • Options
    dirtyharrydirtyharry Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    C'est la vie. Take it again in a few weeks.
  • Options
    trinity000trinity000 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    bad pictures can. I remember taking the ASVAB and the diagrams sucked.

+1 SOOO true, those ASVAB pictures were horrible.
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    SDM is no longer supported I am just wondering why cisco still makes this test cover it.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mstavridis wrote: »
    SDM is no longer supported I am just wondering why cisco still makes this test cover it.

Supposedly the CCNA covers it as well since it's on the topic list, but I doubt it is actually on any of the exams.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4986
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    tink334 wrote: »
    I failed this test and from what I read here it was a cupcake test. I studied for over 3 months the last week was 5+hours a day. I don't know if Cisco is the way I should go after this I just bought the Voice book and I am not sure.

I realize there have been some good answers posted already, and it's been a few days since the thread was started, but I thought I'd chime in for the benefit of anyone else who runs across this thread:

There is probably no such thing as a "cake" test from Cisco. Sure, there are some "less" difficult Cisco exams, but that's not saying much. ALL of the Cisco exams require at least SOME study unless you've had YEARS of related experience under your belt. Even then, Cisco may find some trivia to throw you with.

As far as this exam goes, I'm studying for it right now and finding that they're asking for lots of different pieces of information all over the subject. **** sheets, **** and "cram" materials may cause more harm than good, as it's all too easy to memorize lots of little rote pieces of information without understanding the whole. I'm finding it much easier to understand/absorb the material with it placed in foundational context (a framework, if you will)-- the Paquet book is doing that for me. I started by reading the Exam Cram book and the Study Notes in the sub-forum sticky, and to be frank, they didn't help much at the outset. Sure, the Exam Cram piqued my interest, but the book moves too quickly over topics without enough "glue" to have things make sense. After reading the Paquet book, Exam Cram and the Study Notes are now WAY more useful. I also have the Bryant book for this as well, but I don't expect to open it until I'm closer to taking the exam-- probably after I've read much of the Paquet book and feel ready to run through practice tests to assess my readiness.

Your mileage may vary, but this is my experience so far.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers