Options

Doing CCENT this coming Friday - Scoring 60 percent in Transcender am I ready.

healthyboyhealthyboy Banned Posts: 118 ■■□□□□□□□□
Doing CCENT this coming Friday - Scoring 60 percent in Transcender am I ready.

I mean I understand the 60 percent I get very well but is the transcender harder than the real thing, I also took the practice test on this site and scored like 44 percent.

Am I ready can somoene quiz me in ccent like ask practice stuff that a ccent should know without violating the NDA

Comments

• Options
    dclarkedclarke Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

I would say that you should be aiming around 85-95% before you go for the exam. I mean if you feel you can pass it go have a try and pass or fail I wouldn't get to down because either it's going to be a learning experience and then you will know the areas where you need to go over.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I agree completely with the poster above. I would never (and have never) gone for an exam before I am repeatedly scoring 90%.

Just my opinion, but give it some thought.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I agree with the last 2 replies. Scoring 60 and 44, sounds like you know half the material pretty well but I would shoot for AT LEAST 80% on the practice exams.
  • Options
    i learned from my mistakes, worked hard and now getting between 80 to 90 percent yo
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure you are not taking the same practice tests over and over again. I too wait till I can score about 85 -90% on practice tests, however I have a personal rule about not taking the same practice test twice.

Either way good luck to you and I hope you pass it with flying colors.
  • Options
    yeah, i mean i am getting around the 80 to 90 mark and feeling confident,

i will let you guys know how it goes,

this ccent is a hard exam, despite it being considered "entry level"
  • Options
    They only get harder and harder...
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    healthyboy wrote: »
    yeah, i mean i am getting around the 80 to 90 mark and feeling confident,

i will let you guys know how it goes,

this ccent is a hard exam, despite it being considered "entry level"

It's all relative. If you had zero networking experience before touching a CCENT book than yeah it's hard. I know for me it's getting easier the more I see the material, and touch the hardware.
  • Options
    It's all relative. If you had zero networking experience before touching a CCENT book than yeah it's hard. I know for me it's getting easier the more I see the material, and touch the hardware.

That's exactly how I feel. One day it just started to click and I was like damn, it's not that hard. But for a newbie to start diving into Cisco certs without any experience, then yes it could be perceived as hard.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^ This.

I couldn't say it any other way. When it sinks in, you're golden. But before that point it's hard. And it seems harder going to CCNA to NP. It's actually a very interesting experience. I don't know how to explain it but knowing that the cycle is there gives me the confidence to fight the endless head-butting at the start.

As for the original posting topic:

If you're scoring at 60s, you should be better scoring the high 80s. That said you'll come to a point where you memorized the answer for each question you've seen time and again. At this point, I would ask you to pull back that urge and think the important reason "Why is this correct?" not just that "I know this is correct because I've been told it is."

Refresh yourself by asking yourself:

How can I prove myself correct?
    How can this be wrong?
    How does this stack up with other Protocols?
    Why is this answer the correct?
    -- Example: So EIGRP Supports Load balancing? How would I go about doing it?
    What about the other like answers?
    -- Example: If talking about EIGRP [Equal/Unequal] Load Balancing, how does OSPF [Equal/Unequal] Load balancing work?

For whatever the reason EIGRP and OSPF have been on my mind....

It's a lot to ask for. Especially for an question you already know the answer to as "This one." But I ask you to do this because even the normal tests can be reinforcing long after memorizing the answers -- which will not help you at the test, or afterwards.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Make sure you are not taking the same practice tests over and over again. I too wait till I can score about 85 -90% on practice tests, however I have a personal rule about not taking the same practice test twice.

Either way good luck to you and I hope you pass it with flying colors.
    I agree with you on this. I found that if I took a practice exam more than twice then I'd remember the questions I was getting wrong and just memorize the answer - probably not the best. I think that's what's happening with the OP. Since you went from 60% to 90% in one day that just proves that you're memorizing the answers.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    healthyboy wrote: »
    i learned from my mistakes, worked hard and now getting between 80 to 90 percent yo

One day and so much change?

I suspect you're re-taking the same or a similar test, which of course is useless for assessing your understanding of the material. I'd suggest really focusing on re-studying the areas you scored low on the first time you tested. Best of luck to you.