Options

What kind of memory/software does stuff from Cables and Kits come with?

MegadellMegadell Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yes, it's premade, and I'm fine with that. Maybe I'm paying a little more for convenience sake, but I take my car through a car wash, prefer takeout over cooking my own food, and don't feel like scouring ebay over however long it will take to find all the components I want at a decent price.

I just want to know, is it good hardware wise. Will I have difficulty learning anything on the test as far as, oh well you can't do this this and that with that set up.

All Routers come loaded with IOS 12.4 (12.4.25 ENT version) which supports special functions such as VLAN Trunking. And Router R1 (2610XM) comes loaded with SDM! (Security Device Mgr)
The following are the six Main Components:

- R1: 2610XM Router 128D/32F with SDM + 2 Serial Ports + 1 Fast Eth. (Frame/Relay Switch)
- R2: 2610 Router 64D/16F + 1 Serial Port + 1 Ethernet Port
- R3: 2610 Router 64D/16F + 1 Serial Port + 1 Ethernet Port
- S1: 2950 Switch: 24 Fast Ethernet Ports
- S2: 2950 Switch: 24 Fast Ethernet Ports
- S3: 2950 Switch: 24 Fast Ethernet Ports

Here is the link to the website. If someone see's a better (sub 500 dollar option) and wants to recommend it, please feel free. Thanks for any help.

http://www.****/catalog/item/8298568/9046922.htm

Comments

• Options
    Nothing is listed. It tells me the equipment but that's it.

Everyone keeps saying buy individually buy individually, but I don't want to wait 3 months checking Ebay everyday waiting for someone to get in the routers I want at a decent price.

This isn't newegg and I'm building a PC with all the parts readily available. I have to wait until one person is done with their equipment and that takes time, so ebay, for someone who is starting out with no equipment, is more hassle than it's worth. I wanted at least 1 2610xm, and then two more 2610 routers and a few 2950's..

I can find the switches easy, but the routers not so much. Cables and Kits has 2610xm routers, but there is no information on them.

I can find a kit that has a 2610xm, and two 2610 routers all with 12.4 on them, and two switches for 300 bucks with all the included cabling as well.
  • Options
    lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    You would have to contact them to find out. Do you have a link to the kit? What else do the kits come with?

But I can find plenty of routers on Ebay that would come in at a lower price than the 300.00.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • Options
    I want two 2611 xm routers with IOS 12.4 and 128/48 of memory, unless 128/32 will suffice for the CCNA, if it will, I can find those. I can't find it for ANY price though. Reading this forum people say stay away from kits because it's just people dumping equipment they don't need anymore but how is that different from people dumping equipment they don't need anymore individually?

Will 128/32 suffice for the CCNA in a 2610/11 xm router? I mean as far as, oh well you can't do this this and that with that much memory because you can't use X without it crashing.
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    32mb flash is enough for CCNA. People usually upgrade to 48mb for CCNA:Sec in order to install the SDM into flash. This isn't required for CCNA/ICND2

p.s. You shouldn't have to wait so long for a good deal on eBay, usually you can outright find hardware on there that out-prices vendors such as routerswholesale.com and ciscokits.com. I guess it just depends on what kind of deal you're looking for. I bought 75% of my lab from eBay.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)