Options

Passed ICND1, on to ICND2

mitch179mitch179 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
First ever post here, been lurking for tips on what to use as study materials etc! So I thought I should share also. I passed with an 864, I thought I could have done much better, but a pass is a pass and I'm stoked.

I used the cisco press book (the latest version) and I found that to be almost all I needed tbh, I used Boson practice tests also which they were great at getting a feel for what the exam would be like but if you've sat other exams before I don't think it's necessary, the questions repeated a lot, probably not worth the $$. I did a lot of subnetting practice also, it's a good feeling when you nail the subnetting aspect.

The tests that come with the cisco press book are _much_ harder IMO. I also watched some of the INE CCNA vids when they were free. GNS3 for labs.

I spent about 3-4 weeks studying for this, average about 2 hours a night, 6 hours on weekends, but I've had quite a bit of on the job experience.

I'm allowing 3 weeks study for ICND2 starting after my holidays, do you think this is doable in that time frame? I'm pretty confident but if it's unrealistic I'll have to try and find some more time.

Comments

• Options
    tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good job keep it up.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good job! I would say 3-4 weeks is enough for ICND2, just keep putting in the time.
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats... i will be taking mine in 2 weeks, right behind ya :)
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    Thanks guys, can't wait to finish CCNA and kick on to CCNP :)
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    What's your current job title?
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

Nice job. Keep up the momentum!
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Job on the pass and keep it going you'll will pass.
  • Options
    iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    mitch179 wrote: »
    First ever post here, been lurking for tips on what to use as study materials etc! So I thought I should share also. I passed with an 864, I thought I could have done much better, but a pass is a pass and I'm stoked.

I used the cisco press book (the latest version) and I found that to be almost all I needed tbh, I used Boson practice tests also which they were great at getting a feel for what the exam would be like but if you've sat other exams before I don't think it's necessary, the questions repeated a lot, probably not worth the $$. I did a lot of subnetting practice also, it's a good feeling when you nail the subnetting aspect.

The tests that come with the cisco press book are _much_ harder IMO. I also watched some of the INE CCNA vids when they were free. GNS3 for labs.

I spent about 3-4 weeks studying for this, average about 2 hours a night, 6 hours on weekends, but I've had quite a bit of on the job experience.

I'm allowing 3 weeks study for ICND2 starting after my holidays, do you think this is doable in that time frame? I'm pretty confident but if it's unrealistic I'll have to try and find some more time.

Doesn't it feel great..................congrats
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    congratz on the pass!!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    What's your current job title?

Thanks everyone!

My current title is network / systems administrator, I do a lot more with Servers and storage than networking at the moment although I'm replacing all the switches with 2960s's and installing a couple of ASA's in the next few weeks :D Before this I worked at an MSP that was also an ISP which gave me some really good exposure to Cisco equipment.

Looking to move into a networking role as soon as I find the right job.