Options

Critique My Resume!

CBennett_00CBennett_00 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys! Currently the service desk contract I'm working on is getting "budgeted" they told everyone that by the end of next week that they will either get a pay reduction or will be terminated. I'm not worried about being terminated as I'm one of the top performing technicians there. Due to that and a lot of other changes that where made when they renewed our contract i have decided its time for me to move on to another job. Ive spend the last few days and pretty much all of this weekend writing up my resume, cover letter, and getting my references in order. But before i start to apply i would like to share my resume with some other IT Professionals and get your opinion of my resume. I'm open to any and all comments. If there is something horribly wrong with my resume please do not hesitate to point it out and laugh at me!

Comments

• Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    layout looks nice. I'm not sure if you "need" the references section, they will ask you in the interview about that if they need them. id take it out
    not sure if you "need" the qualifications section as well, after looking at it I think its kind of unnecessary. id take it out
    + add summaries for the position, and any accomplishments/large projects you did/help with.
    I also think the Key Skills is unnecessary

Google some tech resumes and see if you can get any more ideas. Overall its decent, but I think you have a lot of unnecessary information that doesn't add value to your resume
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm a fan of that layout. I don't know if I'd use it, but I like it. +1 to remove the "refs avail up on request" section.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Options
    CBennett_00CBennett_00 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alright so i redid a lot of my resume. I gave more detail of my current job and removed the qualifications section. Please let me know what you guys think!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I just made the this same comment on another resume thread: what's with the past tense verbs for your current job? Do you not do any of those tasks any longer?