CCENT expired, 640-816 ICND2 not enough for CCNA?

Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
So, my CCENT has expired. My CCNA is still valid for a few more weeks, and I'm planning on renewing it. Shouldnt be a problem. Question is, however, is it enough to take the 640-816 ICND2 to renew my CCNA, or will I need to do 640-802 CCNA since my CCENT has expired?

My guess is that I should have renewed my CCNA with 816 before I lost my CCENT, and now need to do the full 802.
CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.

Comments

• Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    I'm such a goof. Maybe I should have stayed on the cisco site more than just 2 minutes...
    Cisco wrote:
    CCNA certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:

Pass the current ICND2 exam, or
    Pass the current CCNA exam, or
    Pass the current CCDA DESGN exam, or
    Pass any current CCNA Concentration exam (wireless, or security, or voice, or SP Ops), or
    Pass any current 642-XXX Professional level exam, or
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    Your CCENT doesn't expired. It's valid till your higher level certification is valid. So if you got CCENT in 2008 and CCNA in 2009, your CCENT is valid till 2012. You renewd it with the CCNA exam.
    Now you can go for the ICND2, CCNA or higher and renew both CCENT and CCNA with that.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I agree with fsanyee. As soon as I read what you typed, I was going to type that your CCENT would have been renewed for 3 years as soon as you passed the CCNA, so they would both expire at the same time.

You can check all of this out by logging in to Cisco's Certification Tracker.
    https://i7lp.integral7.com/durango/do/login?ownername=cisco&channel=cisco&basechannel=integral7

I just logged in, and everything from my CCENT to my CCNA Voice to my CCNP all say that they expire on 11/17/14, which is 3 years after I acquired the CCNP.