Options

How was your weekend? Sometimes, I just don't want to know...

RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I received a ticket to install a new phone in someone's office. Great!

I walked in, seen the lady had an attitude while talking on the phone. I had left to come back after she was off the phone, and asked her naturally - how was your weekend?

I had a one night stand.

Yes, that was her exact answer. Mind you I just looked at her trying to register what was said. Then asked again "What?". "You know' A one-night stand. Never happened to me before."

I walked out of the office and put my head on the desk as I was thinking of this woman whose 50 just told me. I wasn't hungry monday for lunch!

So how was your weekend?
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I would've asked if it was any fun or if she took any pictures. HAHAHA! Priceless.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OOOFFFFFFFFFFFF!
    Just be glad she didn't show you her tramp stamp or any of her moves that made the guy fall all over her. If so, you can give it the name of "Geritol Gyro" or the "Lost Appetite, Forever" icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Apparently, she does-one-night-stands-and-tells...
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    So I received a ticket to install a new phone in someone's office. Great!

I walked in, seen the lady had an attitude while talking on the phone. I had left to come back after she was off the phone, and asked her naturally - how was your weekend?

I had a one night stand.

Yes, that was her exact answer. Mind you I just looked at her trying to register what was said. Then asked again "What?". "You know' A one-night stand. Never happened to me before."

I walked out of the office and put my head on the desk as I was thinking of this woman whose 50 just told me. I wasn't hungry monday for lunch!

So how was your weekend?

Maybe she needs someone to be with her on those cold nights. Maybe thats a pick up line. Get it!!! lol tell her you can do tech support 24/7 just for her ;) LOL
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My serious take on what's happened there:

Having done it for the first time, she could be overwhelmed by emotions and felt the need to talk to or "confess" in someone. At the same time, she for whatever reason did not want (or wasn't yet ready for) her friends to find out about it. So when a perfect stranger arrives, asking about her weekend (and oh boy, what a weekend it was...) she, unable to hold it within any longer, reveals the secret...
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    David MorsonDavid Morson Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LOL...You should have told here that you can do stuff JUST for her...
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think the best (or possible this should be worse) was when I asked a user who had come back from 3 days of had they been busy on there time of.

to which they reapplied in a of handed manor "Not really just buried my dad"

That was a bit of a conversation killer, from the manor in which they said it I still have no idea if they were serious or not!
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I think the best (or possible this should be worse) was when I asked a user who had come back from 3 days of had they been busy on there time of.

to which they reapplied in a of handed manor "Not really just buried my dad"

That was a bit of a conversation killer, from the manor in which they said it I still have no idea if they were serious or not!
    Just the other day I asked someone how was their weekend and their response? "My best friend died and my computer has not been working"... I know what you mean, I stood there, headset on head with nothing to say. Had someone else tell me they recently had a stroke also... That one isn't as bad as the death thing but still.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I partied all weekend! But yeah I've had a couple of those awkward responses. I always laugh because most of the time when people ask "how are you?" or "how was your weekend?" they do it as a formality and don't really listen. I've caught a couple people by surprise when I asked "how are you?" and they responded "not too great" to which I reply "why what's wrong?" Want to see a deer in the headlights? Ask a person why they aren't happy when they think you weren't listening or don't really care.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LOL Rouge that's a hilarious story...gave me a good chuckle for a while thinking how I would lead off with that
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    I partied all weekend! But yeah I've had a couple of those awkward responses. I always laugh because most of the time when people ask "how are you?" or "how was your weekend?" they do it as a formality and don't really listen. I've caught a couple people by surprise when I asked "how are you?" and they responded "not too great" to which I reply "why what's wrong?" Want to see a deer in the headlights? Ask a person why they aren't happy when they think you weren't listening or don't really care.

Agreed

I had a teacher in college that once boldly said in our class “I sometimes might say hi, how are you? , or “how was your weekend? , when I see you in the halls. I really don’t want to know all the details I’m just making conversation." He then proceeded to say he needs to work on this, and be more open, or social. He also said he had a business and that if students came by he wouldn’t acknowledge them, because when he was at the business,and at that specific time he was the business owner and not the teacher.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor