Options

Security Analyst Temp-To-Hire in Orange County, CA

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
My company is looking for a few security access analysts in Orange County. It's temp-to-hire so I'll have to refer you to the agency that's hiring but it's around the 50k range and it's a good starting point for people interested in infosec and only have a couple years of technical experience or still building their experience.

Send me a PM if you'd like to know where to apply
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,038 Admin
    If that were in Irvine, I'd apply just to make some extra cash on nights and weekends. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If that were in Irvine, I'd apply just to make some extra cash on nights and weekends. icon_lol.gif

Close, it's in Anaheim, but I doubt they'd let you do nights and weekends.

We DO have a job opening for a RBAC Security Analyst working directly under the CSO which is more up your alley. It's direct-hire. Here's the job posting:
    The Roles Based Access Control (RBAC) Analyst will will possess a strong aptitude for personnel/process management, team collaboration, and business communication; with the ability to effectively influence positive change throughout our complex and fast paced environment .

As the RBAC analyst, candidates will play a key role in the formation, management and implementation of a roles based access control strategy. **** has already begun an initiative to substantially improve RBAC technology using Oracle Identity Management (OIM) suite and Oracle Identity Analytics (OIA). The RBAC analyst will play a prominent part in understanding and analyzing business processes with the aim of rationalizing access to key information assets that include several hundred applications using OIM and OIA.

Candidates must be self motivated and be able to develop and execute a roles based access control approach for a complex infrastructure. Candidates must also actively be an efficient liaison and ambassador to IT operations which will have responsibility for systems administration of the Oracle products and the service desk. In addition the analyst will have to ensure that Compliance and Human Resources functions are especially well served.

Essential Functions:
    1. Provide RBAC direction, strategy and implementation capabilities to the Office of Ministry Security (OMS) and the Chief Security Officer.
    2. Ensures that enterprise-wide security policies and controls for access control are developed, implemented, and maintained in such a way as to mitigate both organizational and regulatory risk.
    3. Delivers training and supervision for access certification, segregation of duties enforcement and remediation tracking and validation,
    4. Help develop meaningful RBAC insights (dashboard and metrics) that allow Company to monitor, analyze, review and govern user access
    5. Establish a network of contacts across the enterprise that help ensure RBAC security and process requirements are met for each location, and controls are enforced.
    6. Interact with external audit entities to ensure that these organizations effectively overcome deficiencies/control gaps with respect to RBAC
    7. Provide guidance to IT operations, HR and Compliance to ensure RBAC approaches reflect standard operating procedures, adhere to business processes, and address security requirements without creating organizational disruption.
    8. Coordinate with other areas of IT Security/IT Governance department to ensure that access controls are consistently and effectively applied across the enterprise.
    9. Provide other functions deemed necessary and applicable by executive leadership

Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
    1. Possesses proactive initiative, leadership, and accountability.
    2. Provides a high level of professional maturity and judgment.
    3. Maintains and enforces confidentiality, treating all information and data within the scope of the position with an appropriate level of discretion and security.
    4. Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills.
    5. Has outstanding project management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple, diverse, and simultaneous requirements.
    6. Fully understand how to analyze and re-engineer business processes using advanced RBAC technology
    7. Possesses skill in leading high performance teams, while simultaneously understanding how to provide supervision, development, and direction in a way that aligns with Health System values.
    8. Demonstrates ability to quickly and effectively recognize problems and develop appropriate solutions.
    9. Has strong working knowledge and understanding of information systems regulatory environment, IT audit planning/execution, and organizational/regulatory risk management.
    10. Shows strong cooperation and collaboration capabilities.
    11. Understands how to effectively inspire change within an organization
    12. Rounded security experience with demonstrated security administrator skills.
    13. Excellent communication and people skills.
    14. Strong analytical & problem sovling skills.
    15. Strong functional knowledge of information security programs.

Information Management:
    ¿ Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.

Risk Management:
    ¿ Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.

Minimum Position Qualifications:
    ¿ Bachelor¿s degree or equivalent experience, with a degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Management Information Systems, or related area a plus
    ¿ 5+ years¿ experience in managing and/or implementing sophisticated Role Based Access Control technologies such as OIM and OIA.
    ¿ Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or equivalent certification, with these certifications combined with Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) a plus
    ¿ 2+ years staff supervision experience
    ¿ Strong working knowledge of security related regulations/control frameworks, with HIPAA, HITECH/Meaningful Use, HITRUST, COBIT, or COSO knowledge a plus
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Oh heck, that's a real job! icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ... it's around the 50k range and it's a good starting point for people interested in infosec and only have a couple years of technical experience or still building their experience.

The pay is "low". I always though that in California, IT job get higher pay rate. The cost of living is high over there too.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • Options
    AlexNguyen wrote: »
    The pay is "low". I always though that in California, IT job get higher pay rate. The cost of living is high over there too.

It's high for entry level. It's something for someone looking to get out of help desk and their feet wet with the beginnings of security
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Oh heck, that's a real job! icon_eek.gif

Yes it is. We're still looking for someone to fill it if you're interested.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    AlexNguyen wrote: »

That's actually pretty good pay for an entry level position. Plus that can be your foot in the door to a very hot sector of IT.

Bare in mind, California is a big state and cost of living changes quickly from town to town.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    I dont know. It is pretty low for an entry level security. We have an entry level security at work. They start them at 75k. lol Im not even in an expensive city like anaheim.
  • Options
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I dont know. It is pretty low for an entry level security. We have an entry level security at work. They start them at 75k. lol Im not even in an expensive city like anaheim.

Hey, if people can find higher paying entry level jobs in Security that doesn't require any infosec experience, more power to them. I thought I'd post this out there because I'm always reading posts from people saying they can never find jobs, break away from help desk, etc.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What about part time/evenings and weekends/telecommuting from SC (that's South Carolina, not Southern California) icon_lol.gif

Off-topic - there was this place I use to like going to in Anaheim when I lived in Long Beach. Something like the Block (it was a big outdoor shopping complex).
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    robaatorobaato Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's high for entry level. It's something for someone looking to get out of help desk and their feet wet with the beginnings of security

That sounds like me and i'm in Anaheim, but that's A big pay cut. I don't really want to loose my security clearance either. Moreover, temp to hire is scary in this economy but if it's right it may be worth the risk. Can you send you a PM on here or WGU?
    icon_study.gif
  • Options
    rwmidl wrote: »
    What about part time/evenings and weekends/telecommuting from SC (that's South Carolina, not Southern California) icon_lol.gif

Off-topic - there was this place I use to like going to in Anaheim when I lived in Long Beach. Something like the Block (it was a big outdoor shopping complex).

I don't think they'll allow telecommuting unfortunately. I don't know why considering the job but it's not my choice

You're thinking of the Block at Orange. Yeah, it's the outdoor mall right down the street from me
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    Hey, if people can find higher paying entry level jobs in Security that doesn't require any infosec experience, more power to them. I thought I'd post this out there because I'm always reading posts from people saying they can never find jobs, break away from help desk, etc.

I'm sure there will be several members appreciative of the opportunity.
  • Options
    onesaint wrote: »
    Bare in mind, California is a big state and cost of living changes quickly from town to town.
    Actually, the cost of living changes county-to-county here, and thing are very expensive here in Orange County, CA. You can live out in the "cheap" counties, but plan on a 2+ hourly round-trip commute each work day.

Here in OC, if they aren't still living at home, entry-level people will typically share an apartment with others still in college. ;)
  • Options
    MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    Here in OC, if they aren't still living at home, entry-level people will typically share an apartment with others still in college. ;)

We're relocating this summer from central California to Orange County as my wife was offered a promotion on relocation. The monthly rent on the apartment we're looking at is double what our home mortgage payment is icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Mrkali wrote: »
    We're relocating this summer from central California to Orange County as my wife was offered a promotion on relocation. The monthly rent on the apartment we're looking at is double what our home mortgage payment is icon_rolleyes.gif

It depends where you go. I live in Anaheim in a 760 square foot 1 bedroom for $795, but something the same size in say Newport Beach might go for $2K/month. It also depends on the amenities and things you feel you MUST have like a pool, spa, workout room, washer/dryer, etc.

I was recently looking into buying a condo and there are some nice 3 bed/2 bath 1800 sq ft+ condos going for $150-190k all around North Orange County. If you break that down in a monthly payment with home owners insurance, taxes, association fees, and mortgage added on, that'd be about $1000-1200 month. If you have the credit and down payment for it, buy.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Mrkali wrote: »
    You don't want to know what I pay in property taxes for the postage stamp my house is on.

And get use to seeing the traffic in your avatar. icon_neutral.gif
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    You don't want to know what I pay in property taxes for the postage stamp my house is on.

And get use to seeing the traffic in your avatar. icon_neutral.gif

Yea I hear the taxes are bad. Just as bad as New York State. My brother in law pays just as much in taxes a month as he does his mortgage.
  • Options
    I was recently looking into buying a condo and there are some nice 3 bed/2 bath 1800 sq ft+ condos going for $150-190k all around North Orange County. If you break that down in a monthly payment with home owners insurance, taxes, association fees, and mortgage added on, that'd be about $1000-1200 month. If you have the credit and down payment for it, buy.

Pssh! We're north in LA (Westside as it's known) and I don't think you can buy a postage stamp of real estate for 190K, much less 150K! We pay near Manhattan Beach rates with the only pluses being school district and location. If you're comfortable to, buy.

Funny thing is, I still see the entry level jobs paying 35-40K.

• Options
    onesaint wrote: »
    Pssh! We're north in LA (Westside as it's known) and I don't think you can buy a postage stamp of real estate for 190K, much less 150K! We pay near Manhattan Beach rates with the only pluses being school district and location. If you're comfortable to, buy.

Funny thing is, I still see the entry level jobs paying 35-40K.

I know what you mean. I switched my expectations from houses to condos awhile ago and a lot of them are very affordable. Check out Zillow.com
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    I know what you mean. I switched my expectations from houses to condos awhile ago and a lot of them are very affordable. Check out Zillow.com

Cool site, thanks! I just found the house I grew up in on sale for 750K (2bd, 2ba). lol

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□

Thanks for link!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63