Options

JPG, Word, Excel to PDF converter and back again?

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've been looking for a decent PDF converter, to and from PDF files. I downloaded Primo PDF but seems to be rubbish. Does anyone know of any good converters? being able to add a watermark and password would be nice too.
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• Options
    jcole4lsujcole4lsu Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use pdf redirect for converting files into pdf, works pretty good and is free (best part about it). I dont need to perform the reverse however, so I cant help you there. Though, I have used Able2Extract before with decent results, not very extensive though. It has a free trial if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use CutePDF for saving files to PDF's all the time. But if sounds like you'll probably need Adobe Professional to do all of that. It's a very handy program that a lot of people want at my company :)
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    On Windows I use bullzip PDF printer and just print the item to as a pdf or save as pdf in Word. extraction on the other hand is tougher without Acrobat Pro (and even then in some cases). I use cropper on Windows for screenshots and saving as PNGs. Copy and pasting as plain text into excel might work in some cases. Even trying something like Calibre to convert the PDF to something else may work in some cases.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    I use CutePDF for saving files to PDF's all the time. But if sounds like you'll probably need Adobe Professional to do all of that. It's a very handy program that a lot of people want at my company :)

+1 for CutePDF. I can't help you with the reverse either, sorry.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MrXpert wrote: »
    I've been looking for a decent PDF converter, to and from PDF files. I downloaded Primo PDF but seems to be rubbish. Does anyone know of any good converters? being able to add a watermark and password would be nice too.

Long time ago, when I worked for the legal department, we're using OmniPage to convert PDF files and document scanning into Word files.

Nuance - standard - Convert scanned paper and digital documents into editable files
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone try Soda PDF? Free from Fry's after rebate.

Any opinions?

Soda PDF Professional | Products | Soda PDF
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    +1 on CutePDF

Office 2010 (maybe even 2007) and on has a "Save as PDF" plugin available.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro