MCSA Server 2008

ResurrectedMCSAResurrectedMCSA Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello

After the change made to the MS certification has anyone else received their new MC Solutions Associate Windows Server 2008 notification? Mine came today, I'm having problems justifying going for the MCSE, would that cert not be more suited to a niche being SCCM 2012 centric?

MCSA: The foundation for your career in IT

MCSE Certification | MCSE Training | Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert

Cheers

Comments

• steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I'm baffled, apparently I'm a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate on Server 2008 now, despite having not sat an MS exam for about a year.

My Transcript has this "new" MCSA qualification dated 2 days ago, as well as my MCITP:SA, MCSA:Messaging on 2003, and various other more junior certs.

What is going on, is it just a marketing exercise since the MCITP "brand" never really took off and never really became known by recruiters etc?
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They're re-structuring their certification names, the MCITP: Server Administrator certification path now leads to an MCSA instead of the MCITP it once did. I'm not sure if they plan on replacing the name on transcripts or not, as it sits right now technically you have two different certs (like myself) for the same exam path, however anyone who does the 640, 642, and 646 now will get an MCSA and not an MCITP if I'm to understand it correctly.

PS: I also received a notification email stating I had the MCSA now as well.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Indeed, looks like the MCSE is back too!:

Microsoft
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I told my wife about the MCSA email. She asked "is good or bad". I told her "its Microsoft".
  • TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ...however anyone who does the 640, 642, and 646 now will get an MCSA and not an MCITP if I'm to understand it correctly.

From what I've read, any one who takes the 640/642/646 path from now until April 2013 will be able to claim both, MCSA: Server 2008 & MCITP: Server Admin 2008
    B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheCudder wrote: »
    From what I've read, any one who takes the 640/642/646 path from now until April 2013 will be able to claim both, MCSA: Server 2008 & MCITP: Server Admin 2008

Same goes for MCITP:EA
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • pukkaITpukkaIT Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When does all this officially change over? I visited the MS cert site and they still show the MCITP. The only mention of MCSE is under the cloud-built certs.