Options

Taking INTRO exam..VLSM on it, route summarization not?

jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Edited my post to just include this specific question. Is that correct that on the INTRO VLSM is covered but route summarization is not? I believe that to be the case but just want to be 100%.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    1900 isnt tested on anymore, hierarchical stucture is a testable topic, and I have never heard of fast forward. Took it last week.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    My INTRO is scheduled for the 13th, so my incite might not be applicable, but here it is.

I have read several INTRO texts, and the only switch configuration information I have found is that of which is identical to router configuration (setting hostname, navigating CLI etc) The Cisco Press INTRO book I have has a total of 3 pages on switch configuration. Unless my study material is way off base, I dont think there will be any switch specific configuration questions on the INTRO. If there are any switch questions, they will be about the 2900 series. The Cisco Press books specifically mention that series.

If there are any access-distribution-core questions, I think you will be OK as long as you know what the those layers are.

I think you will be safe as long as you know cut through, fragment free and store and forward. None of the texts I have read have mentioned fast forward. It may be a deprecated term, I would figure its another term for cut through if I got a question about it on the test.
  • Options
    jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the replies! congrats on your pass johnnynodough and gl to you noods on your 1st attempt.

I am glad to know 1900 isnt tested specifically as I have been devoting my attention to switching functions and the 2950 as far as a specific series.

That wording of fast forward was the 1st time I had heard it but was concerned as it was from cisco's web site practice exam for the INTRO. But it was obvious as it had store and forward and fragment free as the only other 2 options.

I really seem to struggle with the whole STP designation of root/designated ports, (mostly designated port) path costs etc and WAN topics such as DCE/DTE issues pertaining to whether its a packet switched, circuit switched, or other type so I have been devoting alot of time on those topics this weekend.

I really have a firm grasp on subnetting so I am hopeful there are a good deal of subnetting questions but right now I am trying to use these last few days to concentrate on what I am weakest at.