Options

Passed 70-680 with a Perfect Score

Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
Yes Folks and this is official

I Passed the 70 - 680 with a score of 1000/1000 ( Perfect Score ) icon_cheers.gif. Unbelievable ( coz i 100% knew i answered a few question wrong ) Finally all the Hard Work and 8-9 Months of Studying had paid off .( I had failed the exam with a miserable 520+ 3 months before )

Thanks to all the Members of this TE Forum for your valuable suggestions .

I would recommend everybody who is going to take the test to lab , lab and lab Should any of you need any help please let me know

My Primary Study Resources for this exam were
  • Don Poulton's Windows 7 Book
  • Microsoft Win 7 ( MS Press ) & Sybex Win 7 & Book
  • CBT Nuggets
  • Train Signal
  • Professor Messers
  • & Google

Next on to the Server Exam's ( but i am still bit of a dilemma as to whether to take the MCSA 2003 or MCITP: SA /MCSA 2008

I would once again need your all your valuable suggestion please http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/76564-mcsa-2003-mcitp-2008-a.html
Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".

Comments

• Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Congrats on the pass, as it's not published how do you know that 1000 is the maximum mark?
  • Options
    Is not 1000 the Maximum Mark for All MS Exams ?

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    robaatorobaato Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Daaamn, what happened to 8-9 weeks?

Yes, 1000 is the top score. You can get questions wrong. It's graded on a scale. I think teachers call that a curve, not sure. I think the questions are written in India as the grammar is ESL.

Scaled Scores?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Bo99AUjGo&feature=relmfu

Why are exams more difficult?
    Why Exams Are Becoming More Difficult - YouTube
  • Options
    AdRockAdRock Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

I've got a couple questions tho.......how many questions were in the exam? Was it 80? Did you know there and then that you passed after you completed?

I've got the Poulton's book and I'm reading it now and i've been looking throught the practice exam on the CD.

What is Professor Messers? I've seen the CBT nuggets website but have you got to pay to watch the videos?

I've taken 3 practice exams with the online course I'm doing and I've passed all of them, but the one on the Poulton cd was very different.

How long did the exam take and what areas to revise the most?

I've got my exam in 3 weeks and i'm dreading it. Was thinking about putting it back a bit as I've only just got my Poulton and Microsoft Win 7 book yesterday. There's so much more in there than what was shown in my course.
  • Options
    Thanks AdRock

You will be notified at the end of the Exam if you passed it .

As for the resources Professor Messers is a free Win 7 Videos for the 680 Exam Professor Messer's Free Microsoft 70-680 Certification Training | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training

the exam duration is 4 Hrs and i had a lot of question on Performance Monitoring & VHD Stuff ( so i would recommend you to lab all the stuff you study ) which will help you

Good Luck with your exam and let us all know what happens

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's a fine certification you landed there. Nice work!