Options

Software for network wiring diagrams

KenCKenC Member Posts: 131
Hi,

I am looking for a free / open source software for doing network wiring diagrams and also are there any standards used out there. Not had much luck finding anything suitable. What are other people using?

Note it is for network wiring diagrams as opposed to network diagrams. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    KenC wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a free / open source software for doing network wiring diagrams and also are there any standards used out there. Not had much luck finding anything suitable. What are other people using?

Note it is for network wiring diagrams as opposed to network diagrams. Thanks.

I've used Gliffy too, which is good. The free account can do up to 5 drawings I think, but this isn't wiring specific though.
    Gliffy.com

You can try one of these:
    5 Best Free Alternatives To Microsoft Visio

Generally speaking, I use Visio for my diagrams. I've tried Dia and a few others, but found the icons/diagrams to be rather clunky and unpolished.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    macydalbymacydalby Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should give Lucidchart a try! I used Lucidchart's it network diagram software and it was super easy to understand. If you use diagrams often you should check it out! www.lucidchart.com/pages/examples/network_diagram_software