Options

Anyone else starting the new WGU Masters of Networking degree May 1st?

13»

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i asked to go into the sec. masters and they told me now i have to have a CISSP before i could start it

The CISSP is just one of the possibilities -the CCNA is accepted too, assuming that you don't have a BSIT:Sec or BSIT:NM from WGU or elsewhere.

Master Information Security Degree Program | WGU College of Information Technology
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    when i asked the enrollment person (and we know how helpful they are) he said they wanted a cissp or a ccna with the networking degree and i really didnt wanna fight with them.

i think ill get the certs then apply for the masters in sec if i still wanna go that route

i dont personally think the masters offerings at wgu are setup well at all, one is very test heavy and the tests are ones that can be taken outside of wgu (certs) and have just as much pull if not more than the masters from wgu. and the other degree is paper heavy (task stream) and how wgu deals with papers isnt all that logical, just make sure you hit all the rubics and your good, not much learning going on just creative googleing
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This should clear up the confusion:

from: http://www.wgu.edu/online_it_degrees/information_security_assurance_degree_details#admission

WGU Admission Process

To be admitted into this online IT degree program, you must:

• Apply for admission.
    • Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally or DETC-accredited institution.
    • Demonstrate IT security experience through at least one of the following three methods:
      • Have earned a bachelor’s degree in IT security or IT networking that covers at least two CISSP CBK domains. (You can find the domains listed here.)
      • Hold a CISSP, CCIE, CCNP, CCNA, or GCWN certification that was earned within the last five years.
      • Submit a resume for review showing recent significant IT security experience, of at least three years, which demonstrates at least two CISSP CBK domains.
    • You will also be required to take and pass the WGU Readiness Assessment—a short, three-part online admissions test that helps determine the likelihood of success in a WGU program.

Speak to an Enrollment Counselor to learn more about what is required of you.
  • Options
    sam.n.arnoldsam.n.arnold Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planning to start MS program in WGU. Have you completed your master degree from WGU.

Please guide me with the approach you took to complete the program.