Options

help! question about topic on INTRO lab portion of exam

jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
On my cisco press INTRO book there is a question on the CD practice test that asks you to configure IGRP w/ an autonomous # of 200 and the s0 interface has an ip addy of 192.168.1..1.

The actual book does not have anything about basic configuration of routing protocols and I do not see it listed on the exam topics page for the INTRO exam at cisco's web site and have never came across it on any other INTRO practice exam. I understand you need to know information about specific routing protocols but nothing on configuration/setup on the INTRO. Anyone who took the INTRO came across this on the lab portion.not asking for specific questions just configuring/setting up routing protocols in general.

Also I am still in the dark about VLSM. I have 2 books, neither mentions it. Never seen it on any INTRO practice exams and not on cisco's web site. But another poster I think mentioned its on it.

I just hate to try to fill my weak brain w/ any more info than what it absolutely necessary so if anyone who has taken the INTRO can help me out w/ these 2 issues it would be a big help.

Comments

• Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure about the routing protocol question but I do know that the cisco book I'm using (odom, Cisco press) has a whole chapter on subnetting. It seems like to me that is one of the main things you need to know.
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    I am 99% sure the INTRO does not hav any questions on the configuration of routing protocols. You may have questions on routing protocols though.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    that is a very applicable question on the intro test, simple routing protocol config.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p