Options

hi everybody 1st post - things that helped me in my ccnp

j-cert-manj-cert-man Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everybody,
This is my first post at techexams - just saying hello .
I am mainly a Cisco guy (CCNP and CCDP). Here are some things that really helped me through my CCNP (2010):
  • GNS-3
  • Jeremy Ciora videos cbtnuggets.com
  • packetlife.net
Plenty of patience and hard-work helped me pass too. I failed the route exam twice before passing - that was tough

Regards
J

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome sir
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    jovyjigsjovyjigs Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi J-Cert-Man.. I have also recently joined tech cert.. Thanks for the info you provided. Can you please provide few more details of CCNP route.. like where to get practice tests?
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    j-cert-man wrote: »
    Hi Everybody,
    This is my first post at techexams - just saying hello .
    I am mainly a Cisco guy (CCNP and CCDP). Here are some things that really helped me through my CCNP (2010):
    • GNS-3
    • Jeremy Ciora videos cbtnuggets.com
    • packetlife.net
    Plenty of patience and hard-work helped me pass too. I failed the route exam twice before passing - that was tough

Regards
    J

Welcome! CBTNuggets are extremely helpful.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    jovyjigsjovyjigs Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its great to see senior members mentoring juniors..:)
  • Options
    yamaj615yamaj615 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey J-Cert-Man, did you use any books to prepare or was that all you used in your preparation? I just recently started my CCNP Route studies. I have the same CBT Nuggets as you with the addition of a few books, OCG and FLG. After going over the videos on EIGRP i realized that Jeremy is very thorough with his teaching methods. I'm wondering is reading even necessary and should I just hammer in on the labs and watching the videos. My only issue is I don't feel like I will be comfortable if I don't read. I believe if I read I may learn something that Jeremy failed to cover but I know by doing this will push back my exam taking dates. I'm in no rush to take the exams but I do want to maximize my time. I know there are no shortcuts to success. But i was wondering if you or anybody else could weigh in. Thanks!!
  • Options
    alanaroundalanaround Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello! Thought i'd jump in too. I just signed up a few days ago and I am in the middle of working towards my CCNP. I passed SWITCH in April last year and so am now (finally) getting time to work towards taking the ROUTE exam. My work delays a lot my quality study and 'me' network time so hopefully i'll get there by the end of summer! :D

Nice to see you also have the CCDP j-cert-man, that's something i'm quite keen on also.

I've been reading through many of the posts - Great forum! icon_cool.gif

Al