Options

Thinking of xfering to WGU.

Charles0778Charles0778 Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
Currently attending ITT Tech almost 1 year in to my A.A.S. I am aware that my credits may not transfer should I finish out my A.A.S before looking to make the switch to WGU.
Thank you,

Charles S. Snedegar Sr.
MCSE Security |Security + |CEH |Network + |A +

Comments

• Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Would you save money by transferring now versus later? If its yes then I would transfer now.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just do it. Do it. Do it. No more thoughts. Finish out your current classes if it's too late to withdraw.

- An ITT A.A.S. CNS grad.

I'm going into a CS program, but WGU is still valuable, reputable, and will at least teach the same material as ITT (but more of it, better, and for less).

Do not waste anymore time at ITT than you have to.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    Charles0778Charles0778 Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't have anything bad to say about my experience at ITT so far other than the extreme cost my professors have been good and I feel the lab time or hands on experience I've gotten is really helpful. But what I'm finding is employers around my area don't look at ITT students with high regard. Looking at some of my class mates and see how there passing classes and doing very little to do so really gets under my skin. Its too late to withdraw now i have 6 more weeks left on this class schedule. I been reading info on WGU website and it says it takes nationally accredited credits so there is some hope I can take them with me. When this set of classes is over I will be at my 1 year mark.
    Thank you,

Charles S. Snedegar Sr.
    MCSE Security |Security + |CEH |Network + |A +
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    Even if the credits won't transfer, if you've already learned the subjects you can just breeze through the tasks/projects for those classes and be done in minimal time. I'm doing a MS at WGU (starting on May 1st) and already finished with 2 classes (all the work, just waiting for the 1st to turn it in) because I already knew that material so I didn't need to study at all. WGU allows to you basically "test out" of any class, if you know the stuff just complete the tasks and move on.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    WGU is a better school and WAY cheaper. I would do it sooner than later.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In terms of academic weight, (and I stress academic weight) ITT is pretty much like paying for $100-$300 for a Doctorate in Online Ministry.

The academic weight from WGU is a lot better because of the regional accreditation. Just transfer to WGU and cut your losses.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Valsacar made an excellent point about being able to breeze through classes that don't transfer. You could always take CLEP exams for courses that you have taken that don't transfer. WGU is a great option for you, as I would imagine ITT's major appeal is likely their flexibility... WGU has plenty of that. You could also look at a local community college to finish an associates (still keeping in mind available CLEP exams, and such), and then transfer to WGU, or another school, for the remainder of your undergrad.

I would advise, that whatever you do, get out of ITT. While I don't have a problem for for-profit schools... I have a problem with those that don't have proper accreditation. It will be more of a pain the longer you wait.

Also, if you talk to WGU... don't accept their first answer if they don't transfer in credit... nag them repeatedly. You may not win them all, but you have a chance at getting them to waiver on a few. If you were going to a private school, you might stand a better chance of getting transfer credits.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Currently attending ITT Tech almost 1 year in to my A.A.S. I am aware that my credits may not transfer should I finish out my A.A.S before looking to make the switch to WGU.

WGU will take transfer credits from ITT so you shouldn't have a problem there. I'd highly recommend cutting out after your current quarter and transferring to WGU. It'll save you a tremendous (really, a huge) amount of money and you'll be gaining certifications as you go.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    powerfool wrote: »
    as I would imagine ITT's major appeal is likely their flexibility...

Their major appeal is the sales pitch in their commercials.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pishof wrote: »
    WGU will take transfer credits from ITT so you shouldn't have a problem there. I'd highly recommend cutting out after your current quarter and transferring to WGU. It'll save you a tremendous (really, a huge) amount of money and you'll be gaining certifications as you go.

WGU took my transfer credits from ITT Tech from YEARS ago. That really helped me to being over halfway done with my degree plan now...
    Although I went to I.T.T. for an A.A.S. in EET, a lot of my classes were still relevant. Take everyone's advice and transfer if you can. I am STILL haven't paid off the debt I incurred at I.T.T....
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!