Options

kindle VMware 5 book

fredlwalfredlwal Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
how good is the kindle version Mastering VMware vSphere 5 digital edition compared to the paperback ?

Comments

• Options
    pcgizzmopcgizzmo Member Posts: 127
    fredlwal wrote: »
    how good is the kindle version Mastering VMware vSphere 5 digital edition compared to the paperback ?

I thought the Ebooks were pretty much identical minus any CD's or software that might come w/the bound versions?
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's a bit of a "how long is a string" question :)

Define "good" .. Text is clear, graphics are clear to read and it just "behaves" like any other Kindle book (which isn't necessarily converted from a bad PDF) .. Def. good quality.

I didn't buy both, paperback and Kindle - so its a bit hard to compare per-se .. But it also depend on the Kindle device you reading it on obviously .. I got the "normal" Kindle (no touch, keyboard etc.) and like I say - its fine :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    DigitalZeroOneDigitalZeroOne Member Posts: 234 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the Mastering 5 book on my kindle keyboard, I have the Mastering 4 book on kindle and paperback. I prefer the kindle version because it is just as clear (to me), I can zoom in on any graphics, and I prefer the way the kindle handles bookmarks. I also like being able to leave my kindle at home, and use the Kindle Cloud Reader or the desktop app.

Over the years I had accumulated many physical technical books, in time I would donate them, get some small tax write-off and the rinse and repeat the next year. Now I just get the tax write-off for buying the book, but above and beyond, I love not having to lug around a bunch of heavy books. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for the most part I won't buy any more physical books, I prefer the kindle version that much.
  • Options
    Just a shame that Kindle books are sometimes a LOT more expensive than Paperbacks .. Especially in this case .. I pre-ordered the Mastering vSphere 5 book last year and when it was released first I got it for $39.99 whereas the Kindle Edition was $59.99 at that time ...
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    You can always buy it and give it a shot.

Amazon has a 7 day no questions asked refund policy on e-books.

You don't have to call or anything, just select the order from your Amazon account and Return it. You card will be refunded.

I have done this numerous times.
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Just a shame that Kindle books are sometimes a LOT more expensive than Paperbacks .. Especially in this case .. I pre-ordered the Mastering vSphere 5 book last year and when it was released first I got it for $39.99 whereas the Kindle Edition was $59.99 at that time ...

+1. So much for Kindle having a huge advantage on the cost side. That didn't last long.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    You can always buy it and give it a shot.

Amazon has a 7 day no questions asked refund policy on e-books.

You don't have to call or anything, just select the order from your Amazon account and Return it. You card will be refunded.

I have done this numerous times.

Oh, never knew that .. !!