Options

CISSP in Seattle 24 March

OSIGUYOSIGUY Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just figured I'd throw a marker in the water.

Took my CISSP exam the 24th of March in Seattle and haven't heard a peep yet (April 24th) not even a survey (which actually has me a bit nervous that I haven't received that survey everyone speaks of).

I've called once last week and emailed on Friday. Don't want to wear out the lines of communications so I'm just hanging back now but if anyone took it in Seattle, let me know if you get your results.

Comments

• Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    OSIGUY wrote: »
    Just figured I'd throw a marker in the water.

Took my CISSP exam the 24th of March in Seattle and haven't heard a peep yet (April 24th) not even a survey (which actually has me a bit nervous that I haven't received that survey everyone speaks of).

I've called once last week and emailed on Friday. Don't want to wear out the lines of communications so I'm just hanging back now but if anyone took it in Seattle, let me know if you get your results.

I feel your pain - I sat for the exam on 31 MAR 2012 in Reston, VA and have been nervously awaiting results (this coming Saturday should be the 4th week...). I have not received a survey yet either... I just sent a message to ISC2 via their contact web form, so hopefully I hear something from them soon.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    rtmcdortmcdo Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same boat here. I took the exam March 24 in Tulsa. No results, no survey.

I called them this afternoon about results. They said 5-6 weeks to process exam results. Seemed like his canned response.

I was really hoping they would come today. The waiting is killing me...
  • Options
    reedtvreedtv Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have no results and no survey yet. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    w77mw77m Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam April 15th and its only been 1 1/2 week, it sucks the wait is so long and ironic considering its a IT related exam and it takes that long to get results back. Also, the survey thing almost sounds like a covert commnications channel! - if its true that you get the survey if you get a passing grade!
  • Options
    I've heard conflicting information about the survey, which I'm hoping is just a myth.

I read last week that the class that took it March 17th received theirs on Wednesday April 18th... so doing the math if I took mine seven days after, I should be in line to receive them today... but again, no survey so maybe there is some merit to that statement.

I'll come back and let you know if/when they come in.
  • Options
    Colby4Colby4 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam March 18th and haven't received results yet...I did get a survey on April 11th though.
  • Options
    reedtvreedtv Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    maybe we can receive the result early May.
  • Options
    symcsymc Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The guys from the 17th got their results last week, you must be next in lineicon_smile.gif This is madness... you are well into week 6, may would take you into week 7.

As soon as you guys hear let us know!!
  • Options
    I just got my results from the March 24th test in Tulsa. Happy to say I passed. :D
  • Options
    NS21NS21 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I emailed ISC2, the official time frame is about 4-6 weeks. :-/
  • Options
    This morning at 0920, received an email from ISC2 Customer support congratulating me for passing. Yay!

Aside from my pure joy at the moment, it's worth noting that I never received a survey, so I know there's some question about the survey being an indicator of pass/fail.... I can say at this point it's no indicator...

and CONGRATS rtmcdo!!! That was kinda a rough wait right?
  • Options

Congratulations to you as well! Yes, it was a rough wait. Tuesday was the worst for me as I thought the results were coming that day.

It was rather nice getting good news on a Friday though.
  • Options
    This morning at 0920, received an email from ISC2 Customer support congratulating me for passing. Yay!

Aside from my pure joy at the moment, it's worth noting that I never received a survey, so I know there's some question about the survey being an indicator of pass/fail.... I can say at this point it's no indicator...

Congrats OSIGUY! Glad to hear you passed.

As for conspiracy theories, I was never in on the survey/score thing... but I do want to know if there's a defined period of time that ISC2 sends out pass/fail e-mails (i.e. do they try to send the e-mails between the hours of 8am and 10 am, or do they just blast them out randomly).
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    As for conspiracy theories, I was never in on the survey/score thing... but I do want to know if there's a defined period of time that ISC2 sends out pass/fail e-mails (i.e. do they try to send the e-mails between the hours of 8am and 10 am, or do they just blast them out randomly).

Mine was received at 8:57am, so that would fall in the window you describe.
  • Options
    Colby4Colby4 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed! Got my results at 1210 this afternoon...what a relief!
  • Options
    94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    Colby4 wrote: »
    I passed! Got my results at 1210 this afternoon...what a relief!

Congrats Colby/OSIGUY!!!

For the record, I received my passing notice at 12:11pm today (tested on 3/25) and I DID receive a survey.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • Options
    theenigmacodetheenigmacode Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats :) I'm studying for CISSP so any tips are greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    rtmcdo wrote: »
    I just got my results from the March 24th test in Tulsa. Happy to say I passed. :D

I also took it on 3/24 in Tulsa but have not yet received my results icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    jtoast wrote: »
    I also took it on 3/24 in Tulsa but have not yet received my results icon_sad.gif

I hear ya! Weird cos some ofthe guys who tested on the 25th have their result already. I tested 25th but nothing yet... Lets hope you and I get ours today... I can't do another week of this!!
  • Options
    94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    I can't believe they would make some people wait another weekend, That's just WRONG! lol
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • Options
    I just tried to send them an message and their website is down. This just isn't my day icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    MattSCMattSC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jtoast wrote: »
    I just tried to send them an message and their website is down. This just isn't my day icon_sad.gif

I remember reading a notice on their website that they would be upgrading their email system over the weekend. Not sure if that is related to the website being inaccessible right now, but thought it was worth mentioning.

EDIT: ISC(2) website is now accessible.
  • Options
    You have got to be joking.... How's our luck! Why upgrade right now! Looks like we have got to sit it out another day..... Aggghhh
  • Options
    We have still not got results from the test taken on 25th March. Maybe they only mark papers on Fridays????
  • Options
    Sent them an email on 4/30 and haven't gotten a reply back from that either. *sigh*
  • Options
    Did one better than that, i called them on Monday and they told me we should have our results by the end of the week. Looks like they dont do much marking begining / mid week - they seem to save it until Friday... although I keep checking my email, in the back on my mind I have Friday ear marked as my day to start study again....
  • Options
    symc wrote: »
    Did one better than that, i called them on Monday and they told me we should have our results by the end of the week. Looks like they dont do much marking begining / mid week - they seem to save it until Friday... although I keep checking my email, in the back on my mind I have Friday ear marked as my day to start study again....

I did the same thing... they said that I might receive my results this Friday or next Friday...

I like how they're very non-committal about the whole process. I wish the grading process was a little more open and transparent - even just a little more information so that I can form a realistic set of expectations on when I can receive a pass/fail!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    ... so that I can form a realistic set of expectations on when I can receive a pass/fail!
    Just tell yourself that your exam results will arrive exactly six weeks after you take your exam and go on with your life. If you get your results in less time, you will be very surprised and happy and think that the (ISC)2 did you a great favor. ;)

Of course, there are those personalities that love to writhe in the self-imposed torment of imagining being unfairly manipulated by an authoritative organization. For those people I say, "Keep on doing what you are doing, because you enjoy doing it so!" icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Got my reply:
    Dear jtoast
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Examination results are delivered via your primary email address 4-6 weeks after taking your exam. After reviewing your account, you results are not available.
    If you should need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I replied back asking if that means I will have my results no later than Friday May 4th, which would be the 6 week mark. No response as yet.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Just tell yourself that your exam results will arrive exactly six weeks after you take your exam and go on with your life. If you get your results in less time, you will be very surprised and happy and think that the (ISC)2 did you a great favor. ;)

Of course, there are those personalities that love to writhe in the self-imposed torment of imagining being unfairly manipulated by an authoritative organization. For those people I say, "Keep on doing what you are doing, because you enjoy doing it so!" icon_lol.gif

A small part of me thinks that ISC2 just likes to t.r.o.l.l prospective CISSPs.

Honestly, there are two things that cause me to think less of ISC2 as an organization:
    1. The fact that they're unable or unwilling to supply accurate information as to when the exam will be graded.
    2. The fact that it takes "4-6 weeks" to grade a scantron.

I'm just fine with taking the exam on a scantron. What really bothers me is the turn around time for a score! If there were a practical or skills demonstration portion of the exam that required review... then I could understand the turn around time and vagaries...