Options

CISSP in Seattle 24 March

2»

Comments

• Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Got a reply.
    Hello Jtoast,

There should be some exam results release tomorrow afternoon.

Regards

I guess they do only release results on Fridays.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    Honestly, there are two things that cause me to think less of ISC2 as an organization:
    1. The fact that they're unable or unwilling to supply accurate information as to when the exam will be graded.
    2. The fact that it takes "4-6 weeks" to grade a scantron.
    I think it might be that the (ISC)2 does not score the exams themselves. I'm not exactly sure, but I believe they outsource a lot of their exam maintenance work to a professional testing organization. They probably submit a batch of exams to be graded and have to wait in a queue with all of the other customers of the testing house. They are probably given a 2-4 week window to receive the results, and then add another two weeks to allow for their own post-processing.

I'm totally guessing at this, but the (ISC)2 itself is a rather small organization personnel-wise, so it seems like this is a reasonable possibility.
  • Options
    symcsymc Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jtoast wrote: »
    Got a reply.

I guess they do only release results on Fridays.

Suddenly, i dont want to know!! Not knowing is better than the fail im expecting, its a bank holiday this weekend and i could really do with a weekend off, the thought of studying cryptography and pki's does not sound half as fun as lazing about watching rubbish TV inthe rain all weekend!AAGGGHHHH
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    symc wrote: »
    Suddenly, i dont want to know!! Not knowing is better than the fail im expecting, its a bank holiday this weekend and i could really do with a weekend off, the thought of studying cryptography and pki's does not sound half as fun as lazing about watching rubbish TV inthe rain all weekend!AAGGGHHHH

studing right away is the worst thing to do , since we've been under built up stress for 6 weeks; anything you study now will not be absorbed.
    I passed CISSP last Dec and it was my 2nd try , after failing for 1st time (67icon_cool.gif I totally left CISSP books and studied something else , This helped me lower my stress level and actually started fresh on my 2nd attempt. and beside ... doing a relatively easier certificate will rise up your confidant level.

anyway this doesn't matter anyway... coz all of us will receive a "pass" today/tomorrow :D!
  • Options
    Lets hope! I'm thinking we have another 3 - 4 hours of being blissfully unaware!
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I received my results on March 22 (took the test on 19 February)for my last attempt at the paper exam, which was a Thursday afternoon @1635 Eastern Standard Time (US). In fact, everyone from the Feb 18 -19, and 25 -26th got their results at the same time.
  • Options
    Lets hope! I'm thinking we have another 3 - 4 hours of being blissfully unaware!

Wow you are 5 hours behind us... got a long wait then! well into the night! bummer! Thanks for the heads up
  • Options
    kalkan999 wrote: »
    When I received my results on March 22 (took the test on 19 February)for my last attempt at the paper exam, which was a Thursday afternoon @1635 Eastern Standard Time (US). In fact, everyone from the Feb 18 -19, and 25 -26th got their results at the same time.

Wow you are 5 hours behind us... got a long wait then! well into the night! bummer! Thanks for the heads up
  • Options
    Well, it's officially afternoon here (1pm central) and still no results. If they make me wait until 5pm I'm going to cry....although probably not as hard as I will if I have to wait another week *sigh*.
  • Options
    Me neither... Looking more and
    More unlikely now... Another week of waiting eh!
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    jtoast wrote: »
    Well, it's officially afternoon here (1pm central) and still no results. If they make me wait until 5pm I'm going to cry....although probably not as hard as I will if I have to wait another week *sigh*.

Same here... and my only consolation is going to see the Avengers tonight...
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    naah there still time , for my CISSP; they've sent me my result around 2 am local time ( like after 2.5h from now) , needless to say; I couldn't sleep that night XD.

If they didn't send anything by that time I'll send pop them an email.

Edit: just checked with ISC2 live support , if its not today then tomorrow (is it possible even that they send results on saturdays?)
  • Options
    I keep telling myself it doesn't really matter if it comes today because, whether I passed or failed, I will still have a couple of months of either studying or waiting for the endorsement before I can call myself "certified."

Unfortunately I'm not a very good liar. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    Falasi wrote: »
    Edit: just checked with ISC2 live support , if its not today then tomorrow (is it possible even that they send results on saturdays?)

I've been wondering the same thing...
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    Just got my result for ISSMP : 657

Security Compliance Management +
    Understanding Business Continuity Planning (BCP) & Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)

were my worst domains , sure as I didn't spend much time on both. will try again by June or July. GL for everyone else.
  • Options
    Nothing for us! 25th march - no results.... Next Friday has got to be our week, 7 weeks... What a joke!
  • Options
    No results for me *sigh*. I emailed ISC2 support and asked them to escalate my customer support case. Won't do any good but it makes me feel better.
  • Options
    Weird, the guys from the 31st march have their results already... Bit unfair that we took it a week earlier and not heardicon_sad.gif
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190

Understanding Business Continuity Planning (BCP) & Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)

were my worst domains , sure as I didn't spend much time on both. will try again by June or July. GL for everyone else.

Sorry to hear friend. Best of luck next good around.
  • Options

Sad to hear - good luck on your next go around.
  • Options

When are you going to sit again? I'm beginning to forget all the study I did previously!
  • Options
    When are you going to sit again? I'm beginning to forget all the study I did previously!

I've already booked for CISM june and both almost share the same domains , may do them within the same week or month (June) , I still think ISSMP wasn't that hard... will see :)
  • Options
    Very brave! Sounds like living hell... 2 of those babies in one month! Good luck:)
  • Options
    So I called them, as I feel we have waited long enough. Twice a year they take a load of papers and do further analysis... And guess who are the lucky winners this time round. They have been scored but this "further analysis" can can another 2 weeks and we are not getting our results anytime soon.....
  • Options
    So I called them, as I feel we have waited long enough. Twice a year they take a load of papers and do further analysis... And guess who are the lucky winners this time round. They have been scored but this "further analysis" can can another 2 weeks and we are not getting our results anytime soon.....

Got my results at 4pm today. I passed. While I'm happy I passed, the customer service regarding my score day was absolutely abysmal.
  • Options
  • Options
    Congrats jtoast!