Options

Recording softphone (CIPC) calls

GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
Hello strangers

I was wondering if anyone had software they use for recording softphone calls locally on a pc. Currently we use a physical phone recording device from radio shack for recording on the hardphone, but need something for the softphone as well.

We are not looking to deploy any remote servers for this, as its only a small number of users today. Something that locally records and save the file to the PC would be ideal.

Or if someone knows of hardware that could tie into a headset?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    1. Find out if its legal in your state or in your company policy, in the US companies can't just decide to record even though many of them do without thinking about the legal aspect.

3. You didn't say if you were using a cisco system or not, but if you are you can use LIVE RECORD, its a part of unity connection and unity express where it allows phone calls to be recorded to the voice mail system.

2. If you dont' want to deploy a server to do it you are pretty limited a few of the packages on the net, or one of the soft phones that have that capability in them. Its too many to mention. Most of them suck and require the user to actually start the recording.

4. Or wireshark. This is the hard way to do it, I expect you to choose option #2 or 3
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lol yea I couldn't believe it when we had this CCIE: V from Cisco at our office play a call using WireShark when troubleshooting this recording issue we were having with another recording product.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    stlsmoore wrote: »
    lol yea I couldn't believe it when we had this CCIE: V from Cisco at our office play a call using WireShark when troubleshooting this recording issue we were having with another recording product.

Sometimes you are left no choice. I've had to span a few ports to listen to the audio come off a port.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related