Options

Passed TShoot

SuppahMarioSuppahMario Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I went the backwards route and took TShoot first. Up next, route.
I recently joined these forums. Haven't been posting, but have lurked a lot and appreciate all the threads from people prepping and (hopefully) passing.

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Great job.
    Have fun with ROUTE.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    Great job.
    Have fun with ROUTE.

Yeah... any advice about that one or links to good threads?

One other thing - I am scheduled to take Route next Friday. I'm working on upgrading my MCSA at the end of May so it will be a while before I tackle Switch. When I passed TShoot it renewed my CCNA and CCDA. Do they renew with each test you pass or do I have 3 years from when I passed TShoot?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You have three years from the time you passed TSHOOT to complete ROUTE and SWITCH. When you pass a professional level exam your certifications are renewed, but pass dates for exams are not.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    For ROUTE, I just read through the OCG, did Boson NetSim labs and practice questions and finished up with a set of Transcender questions.

When you pass the ROUTE, it will renew the CCNA and CCDA again, and then again when you pass SWITCH.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations man. Never seen someone pass tshoot first, then go after the others. Usually people save the fun one for last :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Thanks, Route is kicking my butt. I'm thinking I may have to push back my exam that's scheduled for Friday.
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take your time with Route. There's a lot to it.
    I used the FLG (Diane Teare) and GNS3. The CCNP exams are nowhere near as easy as the CCNA.
  • Options
    7of97of9 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with Route. :)
    Working on Security+ study, then going back to re-do my Cisco Certs, in between dodging moose and riding my Harley
  • Options
    LanswitcherLanswitcher Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I went the backwards route and took TShoot first. Up next, route.
    I recently joined these forums. Haven't been posting, but have lurked a lot and appreciate all the threads from people prepping and (hopefully) passing.

I should've done this. TSHOOT didn't feel like that much above ICND2 level. It was the only one I passed on the first attempt.