Options

Bandwidth Manager

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Anyone know of a good one. Where you can manag a users bandwidth by IP, port of username login? Cisco BBSM was killed...

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    By managae I assume you mean control who uses what amount and what service uses what amount. Do you mean internal (manage bandwith across your internal network/intranet) or external (such as internet usage/acces)?
  • Options
    keatron wrote:
    By managae I assume you mean control who uses what amount and what service uses what amount. Do you mean internal (manage bandwith across your internal network/intranet) or external (such as internet usage/acces)?

Manage internet bandwidth for users behind a firewall. I would like to say "VLAN 3" gets 800k or go smaller & say "fa0/6" gets 800k. The ultimate would be where a user opens internet explorer & it shoots them to a custom page I created, you login & your user login has specific bandwidth throttling. I could really use something like this. Ciscos BBSM was really cool but couldn't handle the load. There has to be some broadband devices that do this? Wouldn't you think...
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Depends on how much money you have to spend and how many users you're supporting behind that firewall. Sonicwall has a excellent solution for this for small to medium size businesses. If you google you'll find hundreds of solutions; hardware, software, and combinations. For my larger clients we I usually implement a robust hardware solution and garner the help of internal development guys to customize interfaces and bandwith management solutions. For smaller companies I favor the different sonicwall solutions, (put them between your cisco stuff and your network or between your cisco and the broadband). Sonicwall is a snap to setup and training someone interal to administrate it is usually pretty easy to pull off.
  • Options
    keatron wrote:
    Depends on how much money you have to spend and how many users you're supporting behind that firewall. Sonicwall has a excellent solution for this for small to medium size businesses. If you google you'll find hundreds of solutions; hardware, software, and combinations. For my larger clients we I usually implement a robust hardware solution and garner the help of internal development guys to customize interfaces and bandwith management solutions. For smaller companies I favor the different sonicwall solutions, (put them between your cisco stuff and your network or between your cisco and the broadband). Sonicwall is a snap to setup and training someone interal to administrate it is usually pretty easy to pull off.

Thank you. I will look into Sonic Wall..I did some googling but didn't have much luck. I have about 5000 users that are going to be filtered through this device..Thanks again for your reply. I'll let you know what I come up with.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hello garv221,
    maybe you can try Trend Micro InterScan Web Security Suite. The demo version will run for 1 month - not bad to take a test... ; )
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    hello garv221,
    maybe you can try Trend Micro InterScan Web Security Suite. The demo version will run for 1 month - not bad to take a test... ; )

Thank you, I will give it a look. I am using Packeteer's Packet Shaper right now.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yes, Packeteer is good one also. or maybe you can try Riverbed product.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.