Options

Passed CCNA INTRO w/ 930

jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the test at noon. Had 45 questions and this one was pretty tough compared to the CompTIA exams. We all know that but until you actually take the test you just don't know how much so. I was very surprised as I didn't think I had passed let alone passed w/ a high score. The 1st question was a drag and drop that I was sure I did not get right, not a good way to start. Had 2 labs and both were straight forward but took me some time to get it right. One on of them I knew I had most of it right but there was one last detail that I was 50/50 on. the other lab you had to configure one router and had access to 2. Nervous as I was i picked the wrong router and panicked when I could not figure out how to get out of it to get to the other router. Figured it out (it was obvious but I was so nervous since at that point I honestly felt I had missed enough questions to fail). I had about 7-8 subnetting questions and that was good as that was the one part of my studying I felt I was good at. No VLSM even though I know it since I was worried it was on there. Had a few that pertained to CDP. Didn't have much as far as network media, cabling etc. I would say half of it pertained to IOS commands, output, etc. so make sure you know that stuff well.

Used the cisco press intro book and the mcgraw hill CCNA study guide. That mcgraw hill is outdated (2003) but the CD that cane w/ it was worth the price. Not only solid lab exercises but a cert cam that lets you view the IOS as the guy is entering commands and giving you info about them.

Only practice tests I used were in the 2 books and on ccna's prepcenter website. Got 100% on design and support and implementation and operation. 80% on technology. Not sure which of those the 2 lab go in.

Anyway I will start the ICND this weekend. I understand how tough that one is and by no means do I think I am 50% on my way to CCNA. But as tough as the exam was I know I made the right decision splitting them up. Not trying to scare anyone off as I did get a 930 and many questions I was confided in. Just that I think for guys like me who don't have a ton of networking experience and only used labs taking splitting up the tests is the way to go.

Sorry to ramble on, hope that review helped. If anyone has any questions, other than actual exam questions, please let me know. Off to smoke that victory cigar :)

Comments

• Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks for the review..
  • Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!

Thanks for the review also, that was very helpful. I've been getting ready for this exam over the past three weeks or so and I think I'm going to take another 2-3 weeks before I take it. Honestly I don't think I'll ever "be ready to take it", I'll have to make myself take it anyway.lol

Again, congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    ConfoundedBridgeConfoundedBridge Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    jsond wrote:
    Nervous as I was i picked the wrong router and panicked when I could not figure out how to get out of it to get to the other router.
    This happened to me the first time I tried. It was difficult to settle down after that. I didn't run out of time, but missed it by 111 points. That was almost a year ago.

I took it again recently, and missed it by 124 points -- go figure. This time, the test was very, very different from the 1st one. Both times, I manged to get questions I wasn't well prepared for. I'm working on more of the concepts and terminology now, which I'm hoping will fill in the weak spots.
  • Options
    sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    Good Job :) congrats!
    :santa:
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    That is really great...congrats..and great review...it really helps a lot
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations, jsond!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    DEION10DEION10 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D Congratulations and thanks for the review :D
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    Congrats mate! Going for my INTRO on Monday.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.