Options

another random idiot question (to steal from somebody else's pefect subject line)

karmakatkarmakat Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Embarassing ...but I have to ask this question. We run a small LAN using 2003 server running DHCP/DNS, MS exchange etc. Most clients are wireless. Here's the thing - sometimes without warning (and this appears totally random and seems to be transparent to users) I notice that the wireless clients are picking up our WAN IP (ie 24.xx.xxx.xx) instead of an internal IP 192.168.x.x. So our emails (internal emails from one user to another) I assume are being routed out and then back in again. There is no indication from the server that anything is amiss, and DHCP is turned off at the main router. (Which is not wireless by the way). We do have 2 wireless routers in the office but DHCP turned off on those two as well). Today I noticed I was sending emails and picked up our WAN IP at 10:45 and then the next email I picked up our internal IP at 10:47... and then our WAN IP again at 11:25. How can this happen? What can I do to fix? I don't hear any complaints about delayed emails but this is clearly wrong.. I'm the first to admit I am not knowledgeable at all this area and don't really know where to start. Any help appreciated.. I stumbled across this forum and am genuinely impressed with the knowledge .. and certainly so compared to most others...