Options

Exporting form data from word documents.

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
I am using word 2010 but the instruction below should work

Transfer data from Word forms to an Excel worksheet | TechRepublic

So I created a new document and added a few comob boxes.

then saved the file/form.

opened it and edited the form fields and then tried the steps above, but on saving to text I dont get and out put in the delimited text file??

Does any one deal with word forms much and could the point out what I am doing wrong.

cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    Oh now I worked it out, you have to use legacy form or used macro to extract data from the "content control" form tools.

Dam you Microsoft.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Everyone wrote: »
    Use InfoPath. ;)
    +1 for this! Most people don't have any idea what it is but the functionality you can get is simply amazing. If you have an Office Enterprise license it is included.
  • Options
    Indeed, but not really going to work for a home project for me wife to manage :) Nor does she have access to the infrastructure to central manage it :)