Options

Multicast on CCNP ROUTE?

wavewave Member Posts: 342
Hi guys,

I encountered 1-2 Multicast (IGMP) questions on all three of the Boson Ex-SimMax exams for ROUTE. I note that Multicast is not on the exam blueprint. I logged a support ticket with Boson and this is what they said:

"Cisco's blueprint for the exam also lists topics that are not on the exam. It is possible you will see this topic when you sit the live exam. Please reopen this ticket and comment if you need additional assistance with this matter."

Really? I'm taking ROUTE on Tuesday and will cram on Multicast if others believe this to be true.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Personally I wouldn't worry about cramming for it. I'd do a quick overview if you have time, but if its not on the blue print I doubt many questions will pop up. I have definitely seen questions on Cisco exams that weren't on the blue print before but it wasn't significant.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    I know that Multicast is covered in SWITCH FLG but even on that its a kind of passive topic, never really had an practice questions for it. I would be surprised if it came up on ROUTE.
    [CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]