Options

"Social" Office

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
So when I started with the University they have been using Salesforce. Now I had heard about Chatter prior and thought, Facebook for the office yeah that sounds dumb. But being here for 5 months, I actually like it. I don't post a whole lot because let's face it, nobody cares that I moved some PCs or removed malware from a machine. But it is really nice to see what happens on the business end as that is something I find is usually lost on IT Departments.
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    I mentioned in another thread, that we have an internal social networking site where I work too. I don't think whatever it runs on is publicly available though. I don't post much on it either, but I read it every once in a while.
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    We too have an intranet blog/facebook type site - they just introduced it but it seems to be doing well. I havent used it yet though
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I always posting on our Blog at work :) if nothing else its got my on friendly terms with the UK company director which is never a bad thing to happen :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    my company has one, but IT nerds aren't allowed on it
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    terryferaterryfera Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    my company has one, but IT nerds aren't allowed on it

You should put up an IT nerds only one then ;)

We have one buried somewhere here at work as well. I have yet to use it though, seems to be more popular for the workers who are at the offices.
  • Options
    LetterLetter Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been recommending this for some time now. I believe it helps reenforce office unity and that good "team" feeling.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It definitely helps with company unity. As an example, marketing and creative services posted a ton of slogans that they were thinking about using and people could comment/like the ones they enjoyed. Normally, an IT person or someone outside of marketing wouldn't have seen it till it was on a billboard or online. Also, as I said, it's nice to see the business end and goals they are attempting to reach. As far as IT is concerned, we've posted some help documents or assisted people who saw something cool in Chatter and wanted to be able to do that as well. Obviously, there are people who use it to kiss some butt and also I do see it as a tool to monitor what you're doing, but I like it so far.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff