Tips for ICND2 studies....

iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
Ok guys..had my break,now onto part 2...I'm on vid 17 of Jeremy's Nuggets vid and I'm getting a bit of "paechfuzz" on the brain,but not too bad. I had started Wendell's ICND2 book first,and after 2 chapters,I needed Jeremy's vid to help clear the waters. I also have Packet tracer labs from Subnet192....My question is since ICND1 didn't require much configuration of hardware,what would be my best plan of attack for my ICND2 studies? Watch a vid,read that corresponding chapter,then practice the configuration lab? Watch ALL vids,read ALL chapters,do ALL configs? I'm planning on configuring till my thumbs go numb(or at least till I can do it with little,if any, manual assistance)....ANY,ALL,and EVERYTHING suggestion wanted.....THANKS icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

Comments

• Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I personally watched all the videos, then went on to the books for more depth. As for the labs, I would do all the lab work when done with the theory.

Where did you get the labs from? ;)
    Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
    Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...
  • iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    Subnet192.com is the site I used.........I know there are a lot more,but I went with this one b/c of past experiences with ICND1
    I personally watched all the videos, then went on to the books for more depth. As for the labs, I would do all the lab work when done with the theory.

Where did you get the labs from? ;)
    Subnet192.com is the site I used.........I know there are a lot more,but I went with this one b/c of past experiences with ICND1
  • GeeGeez0rzGeeGeez0rz Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□

Are the lab guides from Subnet192 worth it and how well laid out are they? Just had a look at the site and i would of thought there would be more than 7 labs. unless they are just hiding other labs from us :p
    GeeGeez0rz wrote: »
    Are the lab guides from Subnet192 worth it and how well laid out are they? Just had a look at the site and i would of thought there would be more than 7 labs. unless they are just hiding other labs from us :p

There are 7 labs,but they fit into the subjects of CCNA.....from STP lab,VTP lab,Frame Realy Lab,ACL lab,and a few other.....IMO they lay a decent foundation for utilization of understanding plus you can't beat 12 bucks....lol
  • Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GeeGeez0rz wrote: »

There's a sample in the ICND1 section ;)
    Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
    Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...