Options

Exam this Saturday!

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
I was originally going to sit the exam in July but I started my week-long CISSP training seminar today and we started out by taking a 125 question assessment comprising of retired questions to gauge how strong we all were in the domains. While most of the class only answered about 70-75 questions, I answered 100 questions correctly. I'm feeling pretty confident so I decided to take it at the end of the seminar.

Worst case scenario: I fail and I sit the exam that I already paid for in July. Best case: I ace it and get a refund to the July exam. Wish me luck, everyone! I've been studying a couple hours a day for this exam since October of last year and since I'm about to turn 30 in a few months, it would be an awesome birthday present to myself if I pass!
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• Options
    symcsymc Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!! let us know what you thought of it. Make sure you take plenty of breaks. We had some test exams and all found that after 20 mins we started to answer incorrectly... the last couple of pages are killers. On my last page i had a real giveaway and answered it incorrectly with a stupid answer! I knew what i had done as soon as i handed my paper in... its weird you just run out of steam and it gets to a point where you really dont care!!!! Good luck!!!
  • Options
    vsecgodvsecgod Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Mine is scheduled in PA this Sat too. But SSCP for me:)
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    Here is something that may help while reviewing CISSP (or any exam), still working for me (however I use the guy behind the merror as a study buddy lol)

zefrank-study then sleep ORIGINAL.wmv - YouTube

GL~
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    After taking the practice exam, it defnitely sounds like your are ready to take the exam, good luck!
  • Options
    fadel825fadel825 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hope I clear it on my first attempt this Thursday. Wishing you all the best too.
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck everyone!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on your exam! Sounds like you're ready to take it and have put in some solid study time.
  • Options
    symcsymc Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was originally going to sit the exam in July but I started my week-long CISSP training seminar today and we started out by taking a 125 question assessment comprising of retired questions to gauge how strong we all were in the domains. While most of the class only answered about 70-75 questions, I answered 100 questions correctly. I'm feeling pretty confident so I decided to take it at the end of the seminar.

Worst case scenario: I fail and I sit the exam that I already paid for in July. Best case: I ace it and get a refund to the July exam. Wish me luck, everyone! I've been studying a couple hours a day for this exam since October of last year and since I'm about to turn 30 in a few months, it would be an awesome birthday present to myself if I pass!

Good luck for tomorrow - let usknow how you got on..
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck and let us know how you do!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    fadel825fadel825 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gave the exam on Thursday. Most of the questions were confusing, at times difficult to choose between two right answers. There were a number of scenario questions.

I would advise everyone to be completely thorough with the concepts. Otherwise, the distractors can really confuse you into chosing them.

My preparation was mostly self, with the Official study guide and cccure questions.

By the way, how did you do your exam Iristheangel?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    You just sat for the CISSP exam? What did you think of it as compared to the CISM and CISA? I've never taken an ISACA exam and I am a bit curious as how those exams compare to the ones from (ISC)2.
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    What did you think of it as compared to the CISM and CISA? I've never taken an ISACA exam and I am a bit curious as how those exams compare to the ones from (ISC)2.

I've found the CISSP exam "easier" than the CISA one. With the CISSP exam, for each question, you can eliminate two wrong answers easily. While with the CISA exam, all the answers are "good" and you have to choose the "best" one. Most of the questions on the CISA exam are scenario based.

With ISACA, you know your score when you passed. What sucks with ISACA is you cannot register your CPE while you get it. You have to register it once when you have to pay the annual fee.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.