Options

Question about "SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide"

medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
I asked this on Amazon's forum for the book but never got an answer. Maybe someone here (Darril :) ) can help me out.

Does the Kindle version of "SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide" include access to the practice questions that come on the CD?

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    purchased it for my kindle and it does not unless i missed something. maybe darril can grant access to us kindle purchasers or knows a way for us to gain access?
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    vsecgodvsecgod Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought the hardcover version of this book for this very reason about the practice exams, although I found out later on via rumor that if you did buy the kindle version of most IT books, alot of publishers are willing to give you a electronic copy (zip or something) of a cd that usually comes in hardcover. You just have to reach out to the publisher and they usually ask for your copy of receipt.

Let us know how it goes to see if there is any truth to this.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    For questions about a publication, always contact the publisher and not the seller: McGraw-Hill: SSCP Systems Security Certified Practitioner All-in-One Exam Guide : Book
  • Options
    medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    McGraw-Hill's reply was to ask Amazon. LOL

"Dear Customer,

Please contact Amazon in regards to the CD contents question for the kindle. We process a search on our website that provide download contents for some of our CDs at M-H Media Center but the item that you are inquiry about is not available. The materials from the CD is only available in the CD and book package. Please contact our Professional Technical Support at 1-800-217-0059 for more information. Tech Support hours of operations are Monday through Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM.

Thank you,

McGraw-Hill Education
    Phone: 877-833-5524
    Fax: 614-759-3823
    sv"

I'm going to say the practice tests are not available with the Kindle version.
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    I just used the kindle version of that book to take the SSCP back in March. While I have not yet received my results there were only one or two questions on the exam that caught me by surprise. All in all I felt fairly well prepared. Once I get my scores I will update this post...heh.
  • Options
    vsecgodvsecgod Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Medic, I wouldn't sweat the practice tests though, I actually bought the official StudISCope questions 1,2,3 for $109 (you can buy them separately or in packs) and I must say those are much harder and from what I hear around the forums, reflects more accurately of what type of questions the exam will have. I'd get the kindle version if I were you.

Edit: forgot to add, even though I took the practice tests that came with the book, it was worlds different than the StudISCope ones. Different as in it's pretty weak. MOST of the questions ask you point blank definition style, with a few scenario based (which is weak also) so bottom line, I really dont care too much about the ones that come from the book. I got 89% on the practice exams that came with the book and 60% with the StudISCope ones so that should tell you why the book practice tests are easier.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    medic wrote: »
    McGraw-Hill's reply was to ask Amazon. LOL
    That response really surprises me, because it's the book publisher that puts together the contents of the Kindle edition, not Amazon. The publisher should have just given you a link to the book's page on their Web site. However, I see that MGH doesn't have that type of detailed pubs info on their site.

I can see why O'Reilly still remains my favorite tech book publisher. icon_cool.gif